The Wave

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Not here to get in the middle of anything, just simply want to do what we can to help show some love for kids of both Hawkeye Fans and Cyclone fans. If you choose to participate tomorrow, great, if not let's hope we have plenty to cheer about as we dismantle KU.

Go State!

https://www.facebook.com/events/2726908587533639/

Your little website is still a thing? Learn something new every day.

stevefrench

Aug 7, 2011
This just feels like a trap. Do it, and Hawkeye fans claim "little brother trying to copy us", don't do it and they can come up with some convoluted "what, you don't care about kids with cancer?" type of line.

the wave is good, love it. I'll be happy to participate in it next year when we're at kinnick. but it's an iowa thing that happens in ic and should stay that way.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I'm surprised they're not doing this. You know Iowa would take video and be sending it to every single news organization from here to Beijing for the media attention.

This reminds me of the 2008 Parkersburg tornado. The Chiz took his team there to help with the cleanup for a couple of days I believe. No fanfare, no press release, just showed up and helped out. Well, apparently Captain Kurt found out about this, and took his team there also. Except the eastern Iowa media was informed they’d be going well ahead of time so it was of course featured on their newscasts and in the papers.
I have a friend, who at the time was the fire chief from a neighboring town. He said the Hawks pretty much showed up for the photo op, and once the cameras were gone, so were they. He was disgusted. And he’s also a Hawk fan.

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
the UIHC gets both FS1 and FS2. if there's an additional Fox Sports Regional channel that this game is on, that would be a different story. i don't get cable myself so i'm not hip to all these newer sports-only channels...

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
This reminds me of the 2008 Parkersburg tornado. The Chiz took his team there to help with the cleanup for a couple of days I believe. No fanfare, no press release, just showed up and helped out. Well, apparently Captain Kurt found out about this, and took his team there also. Except the eastern Iowa media was informed they’d be going well ahead of time so it was of course featured on their newscasts and in the papers.
I have a friend, who at the time was the fire chief from a neighboring town. He said the Hawks pretty much showed up for the photo op, and once the cameras were gone, so were they. He was disgusted. And he’s also a Hawk fan.

And the bottom line is both teams did very meaningful work for a very distressed community.

Cheese and rice we are a shallow and petty bunch.

• Disagree
Reactions: aauummm

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Nobody waved. As it should be. Very proud of our fan base.

We showed those sick kids that we are NOT second fiddle in the state of Iowa!

And if anyone has seen any of the coverage from the hospital, you see many Iowa State Cyclone shirts and jerseys in the shots in the hospital.

But gotta score hawk hate points at every opportunity!

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des

And if anyone has seen any of the coverage from the hospital, you see many Iowa State Cyclone shirts and jerseys in the shots in the hospital.

You're such an obtuse ****.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

Which is why the #AHF cause is a noble one.

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: aauummm and jmax71

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
I believe Michigan State did the wave when Iowa was on the road there.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

Jesus Christ are you a ******* drama queen or what.

Help Support Us

Become a patron