*****The Super, Mega, Huge Big 12 Expansion Thread*****

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
So it will all come down to their Regents' minds getting changed over the next 11 days.

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Ok I may come off a little stupid but how does Texas legislators get any say in this? This isn't their conference and there are 6 other schools that are in different states.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Ok I may come off a little stupid but how does Texas legislators get any say in this? This isn't their conference and there are 6 other schools that are in different states.

That would be impossible. Theres no way that could happen with scheduling.

Your youth is realllllllllllly showing.

You need to first look up the formation of the Big 12.

Then you need to see how scheduling changed last year when CU and NU bolted.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010

They don't have any direct power in who would get chosen. But all they'd have to do is force Texas (the university) to throw their weight around to force the Big 12 to add who Texas "wants". That much they can do.

dbronco7sc

Mar 25, 2006
Brookings, SD
Visit site
Question:

If A&M goes... how much money do they owe the Big 12 conference?

If I recall correctly, Nebraska and Colorado had to pay up for leaving (not sure if they ever did... but they were supposed to... something like 20 mil a piece maybe?)

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
Your youth is realllllllllllly showing.

You need to first look up the formation of the Big 12.

Then you need to see how scheduling changed last year when CU and NU bolted.

1) Sorry I wasn't even in grade school when the conference was formed and I already explained that I thought the poster was talking about this current year. Just b/c you're between 5-7 years older doesnt mean you're superior.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
If UT were leaving for the Big 10 and thereby leaving A&M to rot, the legislature would likely get involved. With A&M (little brother) leaving, they know that UT is going to be fine regardless. Our only hope is that there are a bunch of powerful TTech and Baylor legislators in Texas right now that would fear the demise of the conference.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Tennessee writer Clay Travis tweeted:

Multiple people have told me that reports of A&M to SEC as done deal is categorically false. May well happen, but not there yet.

He is a big supporter of adding TAMU to the SEC as well, which has to be a good sign. The aTm Rivals site might just be trolling for subscriptions.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Question:

If A&M goes... how much money do they owe the Big 12 conference?

If I recall correctly, Nebraska and Colorado had to pay up for leaving (not sure if they ever did... but they were supposed to... something like 20 mil a piece maybe?)

You don't "pay" anything. They withhold your chunk of the revenue.

royhobbs09

Apr 11, 2006
A&M Better Not Be Getting the NU/CU Buy Out Money

If they are ditching, then any promises that A&M gets a larger portion of the NU/CU buy out money better be out the window for A&M's breach of agreement to stay in the conference. Since UT and OU already agreed to share that money and along with what A&M is going to owe the conference, that would be a nice $3 million windfall.

dbronco7sc

Mar 25, 2006
Brookings, SD
Visit site
I would like to see their third of NU/CU leaving come right back. What a crock.

Would be nice incentive for a 10th member to join us as well. I'd guess that would ammount to 6 million 'extra' cash coming their way... plus the nice TV deal we just currently got... and a nice future deal coming soon with first tier rights (which would likely get sweeter if we got new state into the conference)

Status
Not open for further replies.