The Daily Effing Grind

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
Do you ever just get tired...I don't mean like you need sleep, but the constant drone of everything...

media, politics, kids, parents, school, sports, work, people, pets, house, bills...I mean, FFS, it's just God damn exhausting

what does everyone do to kick this **** to the curb and feel no weight...I'm curious.

EDIT: I'm cool, so no worries there...more curious about what others do. I cycle, hang with my family and dogs...sorry if this came across as something i didn't intend it to be.

Last edited:

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Do you ever just get tired...I don't mean like you need sleep, but the constant drone of everything...

media, politics, kids, parents, school, sports, work, people, pets, house, bills...I mean, FFS, it's just God damn exhausting

what does everyone do to kick this **** to the curb and feel no weight...I'm curious.
Drugs. Lots and lots of drugs.

JeanValette

Feb 15, 2016
Minnesota
For me, getting into a new hobby routine helped, especially during the pandemic. I'd listen to a chapter on an audiobook while I was exercising, do a couple lessons on Duolingo to brush up on German, and read a bit more.

Ditto what VeloClone said. Nature can really help clear your head too.

Reactions: Peter

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013

In all seriousness, less is more.
Delete twitter.
Turn off the news.
Don't listen to politics.
Don't associate with negative people or people who talk politics or other fiery topics

Find a hobby that you LOVE and make time for it.

Find a job that you LOVE.

Exercise in a way that excites you (I powerlift because I like to see how much I can lift)

etc.

If you wake up 4 out of 7 days a week not excited to be alive, find a different way to live.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

The answer is only 3 letters...

DefiantLividHammerkop-max-1mb.gif

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Fishing was something I got into when I was having the same issues as you.

I get outside, get some fresh air and sun. It takes my mind off stuff and allows me to concentrate on something.

Reactions: jay moe

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010

Media and politics is something you can do something about. They don't matter and whatever energy you lend them you do not need to, so cute them loose. Some of the other stuff you can modify, but not all. You have to deal with it sometimes.

I will say that mental and physical exhaustion is definitely a phase for people with kids as they get involved in more things. But it's like a five year deal and when you get to the other side with happy, healthy, kids with their own interests and experiences, life gets pretty great.

Wish I had a better answer for you!

Reactions: chadly82

20eyes

May 15, 2020
"I can't remember if my wife left me because of my drinking, or if I started drinking because my wife left me..."*

*JK, gym M-W-F, run T, Th, sometimes Sat. I will let work crumble and get fired before I cheat on the exercise. I need it badly.

Reactions: isutrevman

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
My Jeep has been my therapy vehicle this past year. Take the top off and take a slow drive to nowhere. The fam went out one night and looked at stars and talked. Despite spending a lot of time together this past year, the amount of quality conversation we had was embarrassing. It was therapeutic to reconnect with the people that matter.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Exercise and visit nature when you can. Nothing makes problems and our little worlds seem smaller than the grandeur of nature and our World.

And sans access to internet to add.

There's plenty of studies about the benefits of both in well being.

Repeating but when camping last summer I had gotten 'settled' into my spot and made the mistake of looking at my phone and literally felt a sense of anxiety that I didn't even think I had in me prior.

Reactions: coolerifyoudid

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

Severe reduction in social media. So much of that stuff is headline driven click bait. "Biden outlaws meat!". "The Earth is Running out of Water".

Have to clear the playing field. Be a gatekeeper and keep that stuff out. Exercise. Breathe. Meditation (mine is a running meditation).

Control what you can. Roll with the rest.

I wrestle with our current living situation quite often. It does get the best of me at times. I have to stay out of the rabbit hole and realize I'm just not going to understand it. Make a change or embrace it

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron