The better NFL prospect: Rose or Eisworth?

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I agree with this, thinking back to AJ Kline and Jake Knott. Rose will play, Eisworth could earn his way kinda like Lazard
Completely agree. I see Eisworth sticking for a while in the NFL as a backup/special teams player. I don’t think he has the top end speed to be a cover safety and he’s too small to play the run in the NFL like he does in college before his body breaks down. Think about Bob Sanders, he hit like a truck for a bit, and then his truck broke down permanently pretty quick.

danielyp29

Jan 3, 2011
Ames
what about Anthony Johnson? not too small at 6'0" 192, seems to have improved a ton with coverage, seems pretty solid tackling in space, and still has a 4th year left.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
I think Rose is still playing out of position. He should be the Mike backer. Pretty sure they still put Vance there and Rose is playing Sam.

I'm not positive though because IDK what Heacock calls his linebackers

• Winner
Reactions: CycoCyclone

Run Faster

Sep 28, 2020
Rose...but I feel Will McDonald is the best NFL prospect on the defensive side of the ball.

Reactions: Aclone

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Completely agree. I see Eisworth sticking for a while in the NFL as a backup/special teams player. I don’t think he has the top end speed to be a cover safety and he’s too small to play the run in the NFL like he does in college before his body breaks down. Think about Bob Sanders, he hit like a truck for a bit, and then his truck broke down permanently pretty quick.

Great take. I agree...Eisworth does have that "it" factor....i am always amazed how he gets to the spot and makes clean tackles. He is also very smart, which does go a long ways in the pro game. I just hope these guys all get some type of pro-day as this past spring COVID messed up a lot of shots for guys.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Mike is the best LB we've had since Klein, and watching him reminds me of Klein in a lot of ways, although I don't think he's as good as him (yet). Eisworth could make it as a nickel corner at the next level i think. If I had to put money on just one of them getting drafted I'd have to say Rose

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Eisworth looked pretty fast when he returned that punt last week. We will see what their 40 times are and their other measurables like arm length, vert, agility drills, etc. They both have good size and can play their positions well.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I think Eisworth has the chops but will be prone to injury based on his style and size. Rose should have a decent career as long as someone looks deep enough to recognize how good he was as a MLB.

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
Thanks for all the responses so far. I love watching both of them play, especially Eisworth, but I'm really not great at judging how collegiate ability projects into NFL ability.

cybychoice

Jun 27, 2014
Ankeny
I agree with this, thinking back to AJ Kline and Jake Knott. Rose will play, Eisworth could earn his way kinda like Lazard

Lazard shouldn't have had to fight as hard as he did. He had similar tape, stats, and athletic measurables to Mike Evans. It was criminal that he was undrafted. His agent screwed him but sticking an unnecessary tweener label on him.

cybychoice

Jun 27, 2014
Ankeny
As for the topic at hand, between the two Rose is the better prospect. He has positional versatility, could play all 3 linebacker spots in a pinch, but probably will have his best luck as one of the 2 inside backers in a 3-4. Eisworth, based on the reports I have seen, is regarded as a run stuffing safety, which has limited demand.

wheels686

Oct 25, 2006
Grinnell, IA
Rose is a better prospect at 6'3'-6'4ish 245 or so. Elsworth height is good for a safety, he is 5 pounds lighter than last year so he's alittle on the lighter side. Rose has shown alot of versatility playing middle & outside linebacker.

Alot of it will depend on how they do at the combines with their RAS score. Both have good leadership skills and have no off field issues. Usually 1st rd prospects are athletic freaks. Usually really good players who are football smart and are in the right spots who aren't athletic freaks will end up being 3rd-5th rd picks. By the 6th rd there just taking chances on guys based on some trait they really like. 7th rd guys are basically teams securing a guy instead of being an undrafted free agent and having to recruit him.

with Rose being a 3rd-5th rd guy at the moment i'd say he's unlikely to leave early. He doesn't have eye popping stats or anything athletically freakish that would jump him up to leave this year.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
I think Rose. At bare minimum he will make a squad for special teams or something. Linebackers always have a better shot to make a roster.

Help Support Us

Become a patron