The better NFL prospect: Rose or Eisworth?

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
Serious question here.

Eisworth has more eye-popping plays, but Rose feels like the [sometimes] unsung key to our defense. Who projects better in the NFL ranks, assuming even one of them has a chance? Campbell has praised each of them in different ways this season.

IcSyUclone

Mar 20, 2020
I would go with Rose. Both are awesome and Eisworth makes tons of plays but it feels like he may lack some of the measurables (SPARQ score) the NFL will always fall back on.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I don't claim expertise here but I wonder about Eisworth's speeds vs. NFL receivers. It feels to me that Rose is quicker relative to others at his position.

It would be awesome if they both made it though.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I would go with Rose. Both are awesome and Eisworth makes tons of plays but it feels like he may lack some of the measurables (SPARQ score) the NFL will always fall back on.
It’s all going to be about the measurables.

Rose has better size relative to his position, I guess we’ll see how each one’s speed is relative to their position.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Eisworth seems a little injury prone on top of all the other points made in this thread. I say Rose.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Rose is a mid to late round pick, Eisworth is a UFA.
This. Rose has good instincts and is very good on run coverage, but lacks speed for the NFL and his pass coverage is not good. Eisworth is great in run coverage, can hit hard, but he also lacks in pass coverage and has a history of injuries. Both will grade out as late round/UDFA.
The best NFL prospect this team has is Jaquan Bailey. He really looks like an NFL player for the first time in his ISU career. Before he seemed a step slow and undersized to make it in the NFL. What he’s done between the beginning of last year to this season is remarkable with his training. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up 4-5 round range. Great testing numbers and might move up into the 3rd round.

CyclonesRock

Jan 1, 2018
Iowa
This. Rose has good instincts and is very good on run coverage, but lacks speed for the NFL and his pass coverage is not good. Eisworth is great in run coverage, can hit hard, but he also lacks in pass coverage and has a history of injuries. Both will grade out as late round/UDFA.
The best NFL prospect this team has is Jaquan Bailey. He really looks like an NFL player for the first time in his ISU career. Before he seemed a step slow and undersized to make it in the NFL. What he’s done between the beginning of last year to this season is remarkable with his training. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up 4-5 round range. Great testing numbers and might move up into the 3rd round.
If this is the case maybe we get to see them back for the "extra" year granted by COVID. :)

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)

This makes sense.

Bailey was never in doubt for me. I also wonder if Will McDonald will live up to his hype as well.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

For this year, yes. The best NFL "prospects" on this team are McDonald and Young.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
A year ago I would've said Eisworth by a wide margin, but now I say Rose. I think this defense has some guys that will play in the league in some capacity. Bailey, McDonald, I. Young for sure. Lawrence White has been overshadowed by Eisworth and Young, but has been very solid in the run and pass game for two years and will get a shot.

The biggest underreported story on the defense this year has been Anthony Johnson.