Thanksgiving specialties

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
I'm smoking the Turkey. Brine -> Inject -> Rub-> Smoke. I am giving it the business. Going to have to start it at about 3:30a to have it ready for the 1:30p feeding. Any other fools up that early tomorrow?

My wife's jalepeno green bean casserole is the real star of the show though. It is a battle to be first in line for it.
10 hrs seems like a long process for a turkey… how low a temp are you cooking it at?

Reactions: Angie

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com
I like the ham, others seem like they could take it or leave it. Now I make the ham. I usually like the smoked ones but got the honey ham this year. As long as it has the glaze I'm sure it'll be fine.

CyclonePigskin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 28, 2010
DSM
The corn & oysters are in the same dish. Is that what you mean? I’d be happy to share the recipe!
I’d be happy to share the recipe!

Please do, and thanks in advance! Too late for this year - my corn dish is in the oven tonight and I have the oysters et al to put that together in the morning. (I can share recipes too, if you’re interested.)

packattack425

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 25, 2010
Des Moines
Hate the traditional meals for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Family is coming over tomorrow to make homemade pizza, drink beer and watch the clones.

Reactions: Prone2Clone

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Spatchcocked and smoked a turkey. It turned out phenomenal. 14 lbs Smoked it about 3 hours, then had in the oven low for another 2. Smoked or roasted, spatchcocking is the way to go with a turkey.

Reactions: NWICY and Mr Janny

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I did two different turkey breast roasts. Brined both, and did one in a marinade with olive oil, soy sauce, garlic powder, sage, rosemary and thyme, salt and pepper and the another in a marinade with olive oil and Jamaican jerk spices.

Tied them up with butcher twine, and oven roasted at high temperature for half an hour, then backed the heat down to 300 until they hit 155. Then covered in foil and let them sit for about 20 min.

Both were fantastic. Super juicy and massive flavor.

Reactions: ripvdub and NWICY