Texas to the ACC?

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
This seems about a week behind. I am choosing to believe the monster thread rumors. They are more up to date.

CarrollCyclone

Jul 7, 2011

Texas doesn't want to go to the ACC, they are just trying to play poker here.....a game they are not very good at. Nebraska and A&M have already called UT's bluff and now OU is about to do the same.

I swear DeLoss Dodds is drunk with the perceived power he thinks Texas has (or should have) in trying to persuade teams to play with them on their terms.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Yesterday's Child. Today's diversion. Tomorrow's fodder.

Tomorrow FSU will want to come to the New Big 12.

Chipster should be coming out with something soon.

It is Thursday and poor old Tam is sitting inside the bus station waiting to buy a ticket.

Entropy

Oct 27, 2008
Cedar Rapids, IA
Zero percent chance that is true

Friend of mine is a Virginia Tech alum and he's been hearing stuff on and off the last week.

Definitely makes me laugh.

Honestly I hope UT goes independent and wanders down that irrelevant pathway like the Domers have. Instead of TD Jesus they can have this:

Colt_statue_WTF.jpg

to rub for luck. :biglaugh:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Colt_statue_WTF.jpg

"Hope they do not catch me now. I just stole the OU fball."

"Keep running. Bobby Stoops is chasing you. He is mad. You stole his thunder. "

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
Texas doesn't want to go to the ACC, they are just trying to play poker here.....a game they are not very good at. Nebraska and A&M have already called UT's bluff and now OU is about to do the same.

I swear DeLoss Dodds is drunk with the perceived power he thinks Texas has (or should have) in trying to persuade teams to play with them on their terms.

studpoker.jpg

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
It would be even more foolish for OU to go to the Pac?? than it was for aTm to go to the SEC.

Texas will NOT go to the ACC. They will stay with the Big 12 and the new contract for Tier 2 rights. If OU goes they will regret it. All these teams shooting themselves to spite Texas.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines

It would be even more foolish for OU to go to the Pac?? than it was for aTm to go to the SEC.

Texas will NOT go to the ACC. They will stay with the Big 12 and the new contract for Tier 2 rights. If OU goes they will regret it. All these teams shooting themselves to spite Texas.

Everyone is losing their minds!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK8vVk4_n2Q]Jon Lovitz - He's Losing His Mind - YouTube[/ame]

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Texas to the ACC makes even less sense than OU to the Pac. It's almost painful to try to replicate their thought process

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
ACC is the best basketball conference and adding TX would push the ACC ahead of the big 10 in football and just behind the SEC. Interesting.

Big Ten is like the 4th or 5th best conference now at best. Big Ten is the conference of TV sets and mediocre football.

ACC was behind the Big East in BB this past year. Not even close.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
You can't just look at one year. Over the last decade the ACC has been the best all around basketball conference.

And the Big 12 has been pretty damn good also. BB has nothing to do with anything. Otherwise KU would have some pull. They don't. Just slightly more than ISU.

vintageclone

Sep 13, 2011
Under your bed
And the Big 12 has been pretty damn good also. BB has nothing to do with anything. Otherwise KU would have some pull. They don't. Just slightly more than ISU.

I never said it did have any pull. What I originally wrote was...
"ACC is the best basketball conference and adding TX would push the ACC ahead of the big 10 in football and just behind the SEC. Interesting."

geesh...getting beat up on this is crazy. The point is, I could see why the ACC is looking at Texas if its true. Improve on their weak spots.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
I never said it did have any pull. What I originally wrote was...
"ACC is the best basketball conference and adding TX would push the ACC ahead of the big 10 in football and just behind the SEC. Interesting."

geesh...getting beat up on this is crazy. The point is, I could see why the ACC is looking at Texas if its true. Improve on their weak spots.

I am not sure the Big Ten is ahead of the ACC now. Big Ten is the home of TV sets and mediocre football teams.

goldmember

May 31, 2006
The Big East is the best basketball conference, then the Big 12, then take your pick.

Help Support Us

Become a patron