Tech was down two starters

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
lets keep in mind they were without 2 starters. If those guys play, I doubt we build a big lead in the first place. They would have beat us straight up.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Tamin Lipsey
4-6, 11 pts, 5 boards, 4 assists, 4 turnovers

Jaren Holmes
3-12, 9 pts, 2 board, 2 assist, 4 turnovers

One is a true freshman who came into this year with hopes to just get a few minutes a game. The other is a senior brought in to make everyone DAWGs.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Tamin Lipsey
4-6, 11 pts, 5 boards, 4 assists, 4 turnovers

Jaren Holmes
3-12, 9 pts, 2 board, 2 assist, 4 turnovers
I love Tamin and think he stays the starter. But how nice would it be to give him a rest when TT was pressing him. It's odd, Holmes has been primary press guy. Not tonight though.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
We beat Trch by 34 with those 2 starters playing last time.

Just saying an old PG to help Tamin would've helped. He's a freshman with a day off.

Isaacs is also just as likely to shoot them out of the game as into it. Felt like he had a lot of shots that hurt them in Ames.

Reactions: stateofmind

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
lets keep in mind they were without 2 starters. If those guys play, I doubt we build a big lead in the first place. They would have beat us straight up.
Hard to call their big that was out a starter when he has only played like two games and he is still hobbled with his foot.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: isucy86 and cayin

SoleCyclone

Mar 26, 2022
Tamin is who he is at this point. Has flashes when he gets downhill going to the basket and proven he can finish. Not willing to shoot a jumper outside of 10ft. Has moments where he picks up his dribble when there isn't pressure on him and then forces a terrible pass.
My fear is he didn't just have a "bad game" or "looked like a freshman", it's that other teams now have plenty of film on him and his flaws are magnified.

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
Based on what?

Did he not come here to start at PG while Lipsey was brought up to speed? Maybe I'm not remembering correctly.

Why would someone who was expecting to be a starter stick around when it's pretty black and white he will not be a starter? Will he play a different position next year? I'm genuinely curious.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Did he not come here to start at PG while Lipsey was brought up to speed? Maybe I'm not remembering correctly.

Why would someone who was expecting to be a starter stick around when it's pretty black and white he will not be a starter? Will he play a different position next year? I'm genuinely curious.
I don't know that there was any guarantee he was going to start at pg. He committed when Hunter was still on the team. Said he was looking forward to playing with Hunter. I don't know why he would look at Lipsey any differently.

https://cyclonefanatic.com/2022/04/...iah-williams-on-his-commitment-to-iowa-state/

Reactions: VeloClone