TCU postgame thread

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
299 yds and 10 points allowed with 3 turn overs generated should win every single game. Its not perfect but its unacceptable to not win that game with that defensive stat line.

Can't disagree but the conversions and flat out whiffs are still bothersome.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
Offensive line probably played its best game all season, they are actually starting to gel a little bit. This loss comes down to quarterback play and and a inept offensive philosophy. Running 5 yard screens on 3 and 8 isn’t going to win games. I had to question whether Greg Davis was in the booth. I think Matt has the the potential to be one of the best to ever coach here, hopefully he isn’t falling into the Paul Rhonda trap with offensive schemes that don’t allow for wins, but defenses that will keep you in every game. You have to score 27-31 points in the Big 12 no matter how good the defense is, this isn’t ground and pound like the Big 10.

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
Everyone wants to bag on Noland, but our receivers are horrible at creating separation and getting open. I'm not saying Noland is better then what's being portrayed here, but he's not the only one to blame.
There were multiple times last night the receivers were wide open and the passes were several feet above them which is saying a lot. I have noticed the receivers have to work a lot harder to catch the ball with Zeb, he has a stronger arm than Kempt but when his accuracy is off, it’s way off.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
Really proud of our team and especially our defense for a great effort. The only problem i have right now is our play calling. I don't know what the answer is but when you have a 6'6 athletic freak at wr and you throw the ball in his direction 5 times or less that is a problem.

• Winner
Reactions: TwinCitiesCy

ghettocowboy4cy

Oct 27, 2013
Noland did what he could IMO but the O-line is just bad as been discussed. Didn't know he was remotely close to mobile also the recievers have to get open. When does the D just get tired of bailing the O out for them to do nothing?

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Missing that first game really messed with the start of this season..it just started off and is primary reason we lost to Iowa IMO..

Then we come back and play a Top 5 team in OU and hang with them.

Beat Akron

TCU game was first game this year we played same starting 5 on the OL back to back games and I thought for most part they did ok...in 4th qtr they were destroying TCU Dline Until TCU put 7 in box on our 2nd to last drive to shut DM down.

DM wasnt getting killed guys...He wasnt getting killed behind the LOS 10 times like you all are talking about...A TCU Dlineman slammed on top of his shoulder with his helmet after DM was down and had gained a few yards.

Let’s just pray it isn’t separated or dislocated..

The defense played great...We have the best defense in the big 12.

Okie state defense isnt near what TCU defense is and I’m hoping KK will be healthy enough to step in..

I love Zeb but he throws off his back foot way too much and stares down his primary target and just doesnt go through progressions fast enough IMO.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Noland did what he could IMO but the O-line is just bad as been discussed. Didn't know he was remotely close to mobile also the recievers have to get open. When does the D just get tired of bailing the O out for them to do nothing?

Noland was terrible..The OL had one of its best games actually..still not great but considering the TCU D is the 2nd best defense in the Big 12...

Go back and watch the game again...Zeb throws off his back foot way too much..He had several throws in that game that should have been picked off.. The fumble and return for a TD was the game in the end.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Everyone wants to bag on Noland, but our receivers are horrible at creating separation and getting open. I'm not saying Noland is better then what's being portrayed here, but he's not the only one to blame.
Butler needs to catch that 3rd down pass.

We’re not great at scheming space to begin with, and once Park exited our passing game became jump balls and short passes. That’s too easy for a defense like TCU, and even Akron, Memphis, KSU, Baylor and so on. Now we lost our jump ball WR and those short passes also benefited from Lazard’s blocking.

Obviously you don’t want to frequently run things our personnel struggle with, but imo that can make it prohibitively difficult to run what you can do.

• Agree
Reactions: hoosman

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Is that the zone read ISU runs out of gun all of the time? If so, why? Everybody knows Zeb isn't going to pull it and run. Maybe it's not a zone read, but it looks like one. Just curious.

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
That was probably the second best defensive lines we will see this season behind Iowa, the OL is leaps and bounds better than what they were against Iowa.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Is that the zone read ISU runs out of gun all of the time? If so, why? Everybody knows Zeb isn't going to pull it and run. Maybe it's not a zone read, but it looks like one. Just curious.

It isnt a zone read bc there is no read...it is more a we just run out of shotgun or we pass out of shotgun formation.

Cyliam

Sep 4, 2017
Just another loss in a game that could have been won. A year and a half in and its readily becomming evident that Campbell isn't much diffetent than those that came before. We aren't a total laughing stock anymore so there is that. Every 3 or 4years we can catch magic in a bottle and get a few breaks and win 7 or 8 games and head somewhere warm for a bowl game but make no mistske this is who we are.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Just another loss in a game that could have been won. A year and a half in and its readily becomming evident that Campbell isn't much diffetent than those that came before. We aren't a total laughing stock anymore so there is that. Every 3 or 4years we can catch magic in a bottle and get a few breaks and win 7 or 8 games and head somewhere warm for a bowl game but make no mistske this is who we are.

Lol.