Tap Rooms Iowa

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
I'm not going to speak for the people in charge, but I do know several of them, and I would put the odds of Pulpit ever opening a second tap room at some where between 0 and 1%. Especially one 3.5 hours from Decorah.
That’s too bad, having them, TG, Lua, Confluence and Barn Town all in the DM area would be awesome. PR is one of the few existing Iowa breweries with the name recognition that would immediately pull people in. Not sure who else could do that. Maybe Lion Bridge?

Reactions: Cytown12

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
That’s too bad, having them, TG, Lua, Confluence and Barn Town all in the DM area would be awesome. PR is one of the few existing Iowa breweries with the name recognition that would immediately pull people in. Not sure who else could do that. Maybe Lion Bridge?
Alluvial probably, but it wouldn't make any sense for them to have a second taproom 50 miles away from the original.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
IMO, it's very bad time in the industry to "go big" unless you're a VERY solid and established brewery.
agree but then i see what Big Grove built in CR and Field Day built in North Liberty and yearn for something like that in the former Kinship spot

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
Reactions: MJ29

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
agree but then i see what Big Grove built in CR and Field Day built in North Liberty and yearn for something like that in the former Kinship spot
I was very impressed with Field Day. I don't know their history, but usually places that start out large from day 1 without a history of making good beers, fail miserably.

Lion Bridge-Hasn't impressed me over the last few years.

I'd love to see someone like Clock House come big into Des Moines. Dimensional is another.

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
I was very impressed with Field Day. I don't know their history, but usually places that start out large from day 1 without a history of making good beers, fail miserably.

I'd love to see someone like Clock House come big into Des Moines. Dimensional is another.

This is good to hear about Field Day. I follow them on the socials and I like what I'm seeing. We're definitely hoping to get there at some point.

Reactions: Messi

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

I believe the owners of Field Day also run 30 hop so even if they didn’t make beer previously, they knew how to run a successful restaurant

• Informative
Reactions: MJ29

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
SingleSpeed's Des Moines location is awesome as well even if I don't always love their beers.

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
I really enjoy both Singlespeed and Lion Bridge beers.

What I love about Lion Bridge are their simpler beers. Compensation. Viva Zoda. Stuff like that. I remember stopping in once around Houby Days and they had a chanterrelle mushroom porter and it was stupid good.
Love LB for the same reason. They do solid IPAs and stouts but also do some not so popular styles really well.

Adventurous is another brewery I like quite a bit that could be a good fit for the space, cans just started showing up in the metro recently but I don’t think their established enough to make that jump.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Love LB for the same reason. They do solid IPAs and stouts but also do some not so popular styles really well.

Adventurous is another brewery I like quite a bit that could be a good fit for the space, cans just started showing up in the metro recently but I don’t think their established enough to make that jump.
Forgot about Adventurous, they are also killing it.

Blackhawk6515

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 21, 2008
SingleSpeed's Des Moines location is awesome as well even if I don't always love their beers.

Stopped by SingleSpeeds Des Moines location of the first time today. The beers that I had were awesome and will definitely be going back.

Reactions: Messi

Help Support Us

Become a patron