Tamin Lipsey recruiting thread

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Ames will be pretty good at basketball this year, along with Tamin the #5 in state player for class of 2022 transferred from Waterloo East to Ames this year.

Barring any injuries, Ames will go undefeated the next two years in basketball with two state championships. They aren't the 09-10 teams, but they're the closest thing this state has had in a long time.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
You’re joking, right? Kid looks amazing on the basketball court.
Yeah, he is a good BB prospect but he could turn out to be a better FB prospect if he would put more focus there. As a BB prospect, my concern with him is his upside as he appears to be physically mature already. We'll see how he does this upcoming HS season. FWIW, he is now #166 on the 2022 247 board and not on the 2022 Rivals 150 board after playing the AAU circuit this past summer.

Cycl0nepower

Apr 4, 2020
Ohio
Yeah, he is a good BB prospect but he could turn out to be a better FB prospect if he would put more focus there. As a BB prospect, my concern with him is his upside as he appears to be physically mature already. We'll see how he does this upcoming HS season. FWIW, he is now #166 on the 2022 247 board and not on the 2022 Rivals 150 board after playing the AAU circuit this past summer.
He will be a very good college basketball player.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I think saying he will be very good college bb player is a bit optimistic considering how far he has fallen. Could have just been more developed for his age when he was thought of so highly. I mean, he has only received one offer since spring of 2019 and that was Minnesota in June.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I think saying he will be very good college bb player is a bit optimistic considering how far he has fallen. Could have just been more developed for his age when he was thought of so highly. I mean, he has only received one offer since spring of 2019 and that was Minnesota in June.

Wasn’t he hurt?

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
He blew out his ACL and missed all of last season. Landing this kid would be a massive get for Prohm

Busch__Latte

Sep 17, 2020
Don't be so certain, he was out with an ACL injury. He probably missed out on spring ball and a bit of the summer.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Don't be so certain, he was out with an ACL injury. He probably missed out on spring ball and a bit of the summer.
He played this past spring/summer on the AAU circuit and his current ranking presumably reflects how he played compared to other 2022 prospects. He certainly has the opportunity to improve his stock during the upcoming HS season and again next spring/summer in AAU/club play.

Reactions: Halincandenza

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
He played this past spring/summer on the AAU circuit and his current ranking presumably reflects how he played compared to other 2022 prospects. He certainly has the opportunity to improve his stock during the upcoming HS season and again next spring/summer in AAU/club play.

I'm guessing there wasn't a ton of evaluation going on this past spring/summer AAU circuit.

He has had kind of a Peter Jok like career arch so far, and if he wound up with similar college success to Jok you'd certainly take that.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Oh I am not certain at all. Just saying I think it is a tad optimistic to be sure he is going to be a good major conference player as of now.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
I'm guessing there wasn't a ton of evaluation going on this past spring/summer AAU circuit.

He has had kind of a Peter Jok like career arch so far, and if he wound up with similar college success to Jok you'd certainly take that.
There was reduced evaluation by the recruiting services this past spring/summer but those same services also increased the recruiting stock of Tyrese Hunter while decreasing Lipsey's. I agree Lipsey's career arc could end up resembling Jok's and there will be plenty of opportunity for Lipsey to increase his stock during the upcoming HS season and next spring/summer on the AAU circuit.

Reactions: Halincandenza

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron