Tamin Lipsey recruiting thread

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Just saw this nice and fairly in-depth article in the DM Register. Hope he continues to develop and becomes the next Fred Hoiberg.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...xLDlAcvo0eIVLtW8DVJJljB8wbbw6k2hn9UKvTO-FAjmE

"Because he’s so young, Lipsey is in an interesting situation. College coaches aren’t allowed to directly contact prospects until June after their sophomore year. So his high school and AAU coaches are facilitating almost everything right now.

The only way Lipsey can talk to a coach is if he instigates the call — which he’s done several times with Prohm."

aauummm

March is National Celery Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Interesting recruit. I see ole Roy has to get his nose in there and try to steal another one from under our nose. Hopefully we can send him packing this time.

aauummm

March is National Celery Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
How much longer can Roy realistically coach? This kid would never play for him.
Good point, hopefully. Ole Roy will be 69 in August. I would think that he would be contemplating retiring in the not too distant future. However, Jim Boeheim is 74 and Mike Krzyzewski is 71 so who knows?

Addendum: Yikes, just found this:

Hall of Fame coach Roy Williams won't be stepping aside from the palatial program he's built and fostered at North Carolina anytime soon, it appears.

Williams, 68, has signed a new eight-year extension (in 2018) with UNC, the school announced Wednesday. It will keep him at the helm of the program through the 2027-2028 season, which would make him 77 years old in the final year of the deal.

Last edited:

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Just don't pull a "Harrison Barnes" on us, that's all I ask.

If you aren't going to ISU, just do it in a private announcement with family and friends only. Don't invite all ISU fans, ISU media, etc, and then let everyone down right to their face. You don't need to rub it in.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
ut01y9p.gif

clones8232

Jun 5, 2015
Personally I want guys that WANT to be cyclones. If they go elsewhere, good luck to them. Fred is around, but we want the guys who want to play for us. If he chooses Lincoln, good luck. It’s not going to kill our program.