Taco Bell in Ames... CLOSED???

fattgregg

Dec 5, 2008
ames
I heard that the university bought it for additional parking for the new rec facility but that could completely false.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
The last time I ate at that Taco bell, Shawn Bankhead was at the table next to me. Yes it was along time ago.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I hope you're kidding, because seriously, they seem like they are turning up everywhere.

wouldn't surprise me...the university has had several reports of them...I don't know how they would get them though.

That place was dirty and disgusting.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
wouldn't surprise me...the university has had several reports of them...I don't know how they would get them though.

That place was dirty and disgusting.

Yeah, I would doubt that they would have them there, but they are all over it seems like and horrible to deal with.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Used to live in the townhouses behind that Taco Bell. Lots of meals came from that hole...

...but, but where will people get their fountain Mountain Dew Code Red now?

You can get Code Red just about anywhere. Baja Blast, on the other hand, you can only get at Taco Bell.

agrabes

Oct 25, 2006
Taco Johns > Taco Bell

The Taco Bell in Cedar Falls was closed and torn down to build a completely new one. The main reason they were doing this to the Taco Bell in Cedar Falls was because the original building did not have a drive thru and they wanted to add one.

Taco Johns > Taco Bell, EXCEPT in Cedar Rapids. I don't understand why, but both Taco Johns locations in CR are terrible and seem to make a very cheap burrito.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
This is all coming from a lady that I knew that worked there but they actually closed due to the owner not wanting to resign his lease. The owner was wanting to due a month to month and wouldn't do it. So there last day of business was the 21st, but they are building a new store next year. Didn't say where but said a new one was coming.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
The only thing I do not like about Taco Bell moving is the fact that another business is leaving the campus town area. I am excited about the campus town revitalization, but it seems to get harder as businesses want to move out of campus town.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
The only thing I do not like about Taco Bell moving is the fact that another business is leaving the campus town area. I am excited about the campus town revitalization, but it seems to get harder as businesses want to move out of campus town.

The way I see it people are going to "snob" all of the businesses away from campus. Obviously Taco Bell is no bastion of quality - but at least it was there, within walking distance. Just like McDonald's was when I was going to school there. And I'm not even sure if BK is still even there or not.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
The way I see it people are going to "snob" all of the businesses away from campus. Obviously Taco Bell is no bastion of quality - but at least it was there, within walking distance. Just like McDonald's was when I was going to school there. And I'm not even sure if BK is still even there or not.

Burger King is not in campus town. The nearest one to campus is on Lincoln way about a block or two west of duff. I would think that businesses like taco bell, mcdonalds and other chain restaurants like that would be a gold mine being next to a big college campus, but I guess now.