Survivor: David vs Goliath

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
While I found Natalie annoying and bossy with the way she talked down to everyone there was no chance she would win so in that sense they were stupid for not keeping her around a bit longer because she's going to be a loyal alliance partner and vote since she knows that's her only angle of staying in the game. Glad the drama queen is gone but the Goliaths are setting themselves up to be down on numbers at the merge if they keep voting out their own. Maybe this season plays out and the original tribes won't be much of a factor at the merge since now 2 of the 3 mixed tribes have voted out someone of the original majority tribe.

Agree - Natalie had no chance at winning in the end, but she also wasn't going to do much to help them win to stay out of tribal going forward. I also have to imagine that the few exchanges we were shown where she was annoying/stubborn/selfish were only a small sampling of what she was like all of the time. I doubt those were the only times she rubbed people the wrong way.

Side note: I really enjoy the idol clues that make the contestants find them in the challenges when everybody is nearby. It must be annoying to them since they are usually risking getting called out for searching anyway (just at camp), but then to still have work after finding the clue with everybody there would be nerve racking. I'd think you (1) not only don't want your team to see, but (2) the other teams/members wouldn't be good either for future play and trust. All of that, and then you have to try to conceal it in compression shorts!

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Lyrsa gone, was mostly a "meh" episode last night. Merge coming next week should shake things up a little though. I did get a kick out of Lyrsa mentioning at the end of the show how it sucks she has to sit next to Natalie at the reunion show now, LOL.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
IM a big fan of the Bro alliance with John. I also felt really good that they have taken the nerdy guy under their wing and are treating him well. That was a pretty cool segment. Just shows what you can do by just being nice to a guy that is maybe not one of the cool kids.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Yeah I always wonder what conversations they intentionally leave out of the final cuts because there have been times where the vote went nothing like what they showed leading up. One thing though is you know that Jeff probably watches film on that before tribal so he can ask some questions so it's not like he is totally out of the loop on what is going on the camps I bet. I think it was last week or the week before he asked a question and it caught someone off guard and nearly blew his cover that a conversation had happened at camp that the person he asked the question to didn't know about. Surprised it has not happened more often in the history of the show where he could slip up and reveal something that not everyone at tribal was aware of. You also wonder if they contestants get a feeling something is up when a lot of the conversation and questions is about them and certain people barely say a word at tribal. Natalie for instance acted a little surprised and po'd when she got voted out yet a lot of the conversation at that tribal was about her so she had to at least have some doubts about her fate during that you'd think right?

• Agree
Reactions: STATE12

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
Yeah I always wonder what conversations they intentionally leave out of the final cuts because there have been times where the vote went nothing like what they showed leading up. One thing though is you know that Jeff probably watches film on that before tribal so he can ask some questions so it's not like he is totally out of the loop on what is going on the camps I bet. I think it was last week or the week before he asked a question and it caught someone off guard and nearly blew his cover that a conversation had happened at camp that the person he asked the question to didn't know about. Surprised it has not happened more often in the history of the show where he could slip up and reveal something that not everyone at tribal was aware of. You also wonder if they contestants get a feeling something is up when a lot of the conversation and questions is about them and certain people barely say a word at tribal. Natalie for instance acted a little surprised and po'd when she got voted out yet a lot of the conversation at that tribal was about her so she had to at least have some doubts about her fate during that you'd think right?

Totally agree. Some questions are so specific that they have to be "in the know". Again with the misdirection, seems like they ask one person a question (maybe not really caring about the answer) and then ask the next person the same question (the one they really wanted to question). Almost as if they are sometimes sandwiching it between others to limit the suspicion. Also, I've read before that tribal lasts up to an hour and a half before. Lots that we don't get to see or need to see.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Thought we'd get a blindside last night but at the very least Angelina just put herself in a bad spot going forward. She's playing it way too aggressive right now and with all the side conversations going on between the 2 tribe alliances she is unaware of at some point the David vs Goliath allegiances is going to get blown up. I knew the second they showed her talking to Elizabeth she was trying to buy a jury vote with that crap. If you want to stay in the game you don't tell the person about to be voted out what is going on and give them a chance to scramble.

Some of these people never fully understand that secrecy and lying is part of the game and for as much as you "feel bad" about voting someone out it's nothing personal it's part of trying to win the Million dollars. Chances are most of those people will never talk to each other again after this show so you have to be a little cutthroat sometimes and realize when you vote someone out it's part of the game and you can't take it too personal. The only "favor" she was doing Elizabeth by telling her that the Goliath alliance flipped on Angelina and are voting her out instead was it gave Elizabeth at least a fighting chance (in the end it really didn't matter) and now it outed Angelina as not being trustworthy/loyal when her alliance already had some concerns about her trying to dictate who to vote out. Was it really worth risking your status in the game just to attempt to gain favor with the 1st juror member?

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Something happened last night that they didn't show. It's the first time that I can remember that something they didn't show was horribly misleading and the edit made no sense. So after all the talking and the girl crying and making it seam like it could go either way. Every single person voted her out. In other words something happened that they were all on the same page. They didn't show us something that was said before tribal or during tribal. None of the Davids voted for the Goliath? I was so confused and so was my daughter.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Yeah that was weird. Only thing I can think of is that there are a couple goliaths that have some secret alliances with a few of the davids and maybe they had some kind of agreement that if they all voted 1 way it wouldn't tip off some of those playing both sides right now and maybe promised a blindside of a goliath next week? Don't know what else could have went down, it was strange because I thought for sure they'd all vote Angelina and hope a goliath or 2 flipped when they found out she had told Elizabeth.

The Ponderosa videos sometimes reveal some of this but would be nice if they had some extra online content of what conversations happened that didn't make the episode cut that explains later how the vote happened.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I like a lot of people on the season so far. Aneglina has screwed herself with her attitude and then the Elizabeth thing.

• Agree

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
I wonder if Elizabeth was more annoying around camp than the edit was showing. I know a couple other players had mentioned she had know/done-it-all tendencies and it may not have been hard for the Davids to cut the fat.

Reactions: Halincandenza

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
Something happened last night that they didn't show. It's the first time that I can remember that something they didn't show was horribly misleading and the edit made no sense. So after all the talking and the girl crying and making it seam like it could go either way. Every single person voted her out. In other words something happened that they were all on the same page. They didn't show us something that was said before tribal or during tribal. None of the Davids voted for the Goliath? I was so confused and so was my daughter.

There were a few small back to back clips near the beginning, if I recall correctly, where Carl was talking to groups of people (both Goliaths and Davids) saying that Elizabeth was a know it all and that she needed to be the first one gone.

It does seem like there definitely would have been more to solidify it later, but they did at least show some of the rumblings from the Davids side being annoyed with her really early on in the episode.

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
Thought we'd get a blindside last night but at the very least Angelina just put herself in a bad spot going forward. She's playing it way too aggressive right now and with all the side conversations going on between the 2 tribe alliances she is unaware of at some point the David vs Goliath allegiances is going to get blown up. I knew the second they showed her talking to Elizabeth she was trying to buy a jury vote with that crap. If you want to stay in the game you don't tell the person about to be voted out what is going on and give them a chance to scramble.

Agreed. I also thought Dan was going to blow his game up when he found out his name was mentioned. He's probably playing too hard right now too, considering he has 2 idols. Pair that agressiveness with an apparent showmance that isn't being hidden very well and he's going to find himself in a situation sooner than later.

• Agree

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Dan is an idiot and will go down with an idol in his pocket.

Gabby put on a show last night.....not only got some jury love from Elizabeth, she sold it at tribal. She's a little unstable, but I'm sure part of her tears were strategy.

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
Dan is an idiot and will go down with an idol in his pocket.

Gabby put on a show last night.....not only got some jury love from Elizabeth, she sold it at tribal. She's a little unstable, but I'm sure part of her tears were strategy.

I'm not convinced on that, she seems to be extremely emotional and unpredictable.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I'm not convinced on that, she seems to be extremely emotional and unpredictable.

She did seem that way, and I'm sure her emotions did have some truth to it as she was probably appealing to the human side of Elizabeth. Yet, it was a unanimous vote and she obviously knew about it and voted Elizabeth as well.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
IM sad they are catching on that the nerdy guy is actually a very good player. I thought he might be able to walk through since usually strong people see that type as a week type player.

• Agree

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron