Summer Concert Thread

HoibergIsMyHero

Mar 15, 2014
Shut Up! I looove The Shakes - that had to be a great show.

Yes Britney is incredible and really the sole focus of the show. They played for a little over an hour, and I wished it would have been longer. I'm so used to playing their albums straight through so hearing them out of order seemed a bit disjointed but nonetheless, awesome.

• Friendly
Reactions: Angie

HoibergIsMyHero

Mar 15, 2014
  • Friendly

MrPeske

Apr 11, 2006
downtown Des Moines
Got back from Dead & Co at Wrigley, 2 nights in the pit puts a big ass smile on my face. Amazing shows & the coolest peeps on the planet. well almost as sweet as those that Pack the Jack!

Reactions: Macloney

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Got back from Dead & Co at Wrigley, 2 nights in the pit puts a big ass smile on my face. Amazing shows & the coolest peeps on the planet. well almost as sweet as those that Pack the Jack!
What was it like? I was gonna go but couldn't get the hall pass.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Thank you so much for alerting me to the Black Joe Lewis Show!!! I randomly went to their concert in Raleigh earlier this year, and holy **** was I blown away. Can't wait to hear them again.

Were they as amazing live as I assume? I can imagine they just rattle the doors off the place with "B**** I Love You." I may be more excited about this than even going and seeing Run the Jewels.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Stir Cove with a monster concert announcement this morning - Beck on Saturday, September 9th!

Mother ******. **** it. We'll already be in KC for the Buzz Beach Ball - Beck is on my bucket list.

DeftOne

Dec 30, 2014
Des Moines, IA
Not quite "summer", but...

10/10/2017 - Stone Sour at 7 Flags Event Center (Clive)

Pre-sale is already underway (offer code: hydrograd). General public tickets on-sale tomorrow.

Reactions: 0u812

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Old 97's are coming to Wooly's in October, this has been a wishlist band for me for a while.....

I was JUST thinking the other day how I'd love to see them. I'll get tickets - thanks!

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Gary Clark Jr this Friday at Palace Theatre!

Also just bought tickets for Iron and Wine with John Moreland opening at Palace Theatre in October. Will be buying tickets for Ghost of Paul Revere at 7th St Entry when they go on sale Friday

• Friendly

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015

Also just bought tickets for Iron and Wine with John Moreland opening at Palace Theatre in October. Will be buying tickets for Ghost of Paul Revere at 7th St Entry when they go on sale Friday
Just realized Iron and Wine and John Moreland are Sat Oct 14, Ghost of Paul Revere is the 17th and Kings of Leon and Dawes are the 18th. Not a bad few day stretch!

• Friendly

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

I'm super-excited for Gary Clark, Jr at Hinterland on Saturday. I think he's likely the act I am most excited to see, since I've already seen Ryan Adams and Shakey. Alt-J is up there, too.

Iron and Wine put on a great show, from what I hear!

Up-thread, I'd discussed how pissed I am that Beck is going to be in Iowa while I'll be at a big festival in KC. Earlier this week, Codfish Hollow announced that Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats (as well as him solo the night before) will be headlining GARP that same weekend. They said he'll be there every year, though, so I'm locking that **** down for next year.

Reactions: CloniesForLife

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Also, who all again was going to Hinterland? I've been prepping all week. Last Friday, I listened to the Hinterland playlist on Spotify that had some of everything. Listened to everything Alt-J has put out on Monday. Listened to all things Gary Clark, Jr yesterday. Today is devoted to Ryan Adams. Tomorrow will probably be either Shakey or him mixed with Head and the Heart.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron