Stupid logo hate thread

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Talked to someone who works for the university, and they claimed that the football staff, team, and even our marketing department all dislike it, and that the team will only use it if/when they're "forced" to.

They didn't say any more than that, but reading between the lines this sounds like a unilateral Pollard thing. He has pretty bad taste in this sort of thing, and is just a real dork in general so I'm kind of making that assumption.

Jeffrey Scott

Sep 28, 2017
Just took a look at Cy's Locker Room and I'm not seeing a lot of stuff with the alternative logo on it. Are we awaiting a big roll-out or was this a limited run? This forum should be giving the decision makers at ISU some much needed information about how far to take this thing.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Just took a look at Cy's Locker Room and I'm not seeing a lot of stuff with the alternative logo on it. Are we awaiting a big roll-out or was this a limited run? This forum should be giving the decision makers at ISU some much needed information about how far to take this thing.
I was at Scheel's this weekend and they had a whole display, including a mannequin in full pads, with the new logo everywhere.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
After being a Cyclone fan for about 45 years and an Alumni for 27 years, I typically look at things through a Cardinal pair of glasses. I prefer the glass is half full approach as a matter of survival. But I have to say, I really don't like the alternative logo. We could do so much better.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Talked to someone who works for the university, and they claimed that the football staff, team, and even our marketing department all dislike it, and that the team will only use it if/when they're "forced" to.

They didn't say any more than that, but reading between the lines this sounds like a unilateral Pollard thing. He has pretty bad taste in this sort of thing, and is just a real dork in general so I'm kind of making that assumption.
Aaaaand WRNL gave it a B+ (and rising!). Wtf Al?

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
They listened to the fans with the JT throwback jersey and ****** it up.

They cut out the fan on the clip art tornado and ****** it up.

We went years with maroon gear.

JFC the local U-12 little league team does a better job of branding

• Agree
Reactions: CY21 and CYCLNST8

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
No, not quite. When a marketing product is released into the world, it's the finished product. That is the 180 degree opposite of a first draft.
I meant the logo on the red helmet isn't a finished product. It didn't look that good but I suspect as they learn more about the logo it will change size, be put on different colored helmets, etc. When the I-State logo came out there was about 2 things at the bookstore for sale and both looked terrible. Now it looks okay as they've learned what works best.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
I meant the logo on the red helmet isn't a finished product. It didn't look that good but I suspect as they learn more about the logo it will change size, be put on different colored helmets, etc. When the I-State logo came out there was about 2 things at the bookstore for sale and both looked terrible. Now it looks okay as they've learned what works best.

I really hope so. Because that logo on the helmet was beyond terrible.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
After being a Cyclone fan for about 45 years and an Alumni for 27 years, I typically look at things through a Cardinal pair of glasses. I prefer the glass is half full approach as a matter of survival. But I have to say, I really don't like the alternative logo. We could do so much better.

We are in the perpetual Pit of Misery. Dilly Dilly.

blutarsky

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2010
St. Paul, MN
Is there anything more polarizing than uniforms and helmets? ISU dropped a stinker in what has been a pretty successful uniform revival. Everyone has favorites. (Personally, I'm an all red or all white guy.)

I've gotta believe that the university will hear the feedback and adjust appropriately.

• Optimistic
Reactions: TXCyclones

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I've gotta believe that the university will hear the feedback and adjust appropriately.

The clothes are already on the racks, bruh. This was a very premeditated move. I'm sure there are legally binding contracts to pump this baby out for years to come.

JP organized a horribly executed surprise party. Maybe his heart was in the right place; unfortunately no one on the inside had the nerve to suggest perhaps it was a bad idea?

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
The clothes are already on the racks, bruh. This was a very premeditated move. I'm sure there are legally binding contracts to pump this baby out for years to come.

JP organized a horribly executed surprise party. Maybe his heart was in the right place; unfortunately no one on the inside had the nerve to suggest perhaps it was a bad idea?

Right idea; wrong execution. It was just a horrible design. Everything else about it was ok. There was just nothing good about the design. In fact, it may be the most devastating tornado I've seen in my lifetime.

• Funny
  • Winner
Reactions: cynile and CYCLNST8

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
No, not quite. When a marketing product is released into the world, it's the finished product. That is the 180 degree opposite of a first draft.

You can evolve the product and make some changes to it over time though. If the product doesn't sell changes will need to be made.

ZB4CY

Dec 17, 2012
16240.jpg

just a reminder this is better.

• Agree
Reactions: CY21 and weR138

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa

On things like this I doubt one person makes all the decisions.