Student Section Moving

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Hope you are correct but I don't look for that to stay that way starting 2023.
I believe this year's move will be small compared to the entire reindexing of jack trice in 2023.

It will be worded something like "to accommodate for fans who were displaced in 2022 and to better reflect the value of their reassigned locations all of jack trice stadium has undergone a careful, thoughtful process on pricing. Those wanting to keep their current seats will have the option to keep them provided that they pay the new price point and/or match the new donor requirement for that section. Or, they may select new seats from those available after renewals by using the seat selector tool. As always, go cyclones, JP"

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
That seals the deal. I am no longer an Iowa State fan. I’ve been a fan since 1995 and a season ticket holder since 2013. I officially will not be renewing my plan next season nor will I watch on tv ever again. Instead, I will be taking my fandom to Iowa City where they know how to manage a student section.
So now you are officially a Hok troll? 1650043630448.png

• Haha
Reactions: alenz95

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Like I said last year those sections had room and were not full of season ticket holders, and there will be at least 3 or 4 new non-donor sections in where the students used to be and will be totally new seating. It is not like the SE corner was full as well so they are not replacing completely full sections from the corner. Sure they were full some games but they were not full of season ticket holders, many of those tickets went to single sales.

Again you all are just jumping to conclusions with no real knowledge of what their plan is and how much room they have.

Take a breath. Send an email or give the ticket office a call. They have always been great to answer any question I have had.
But, being displaced from row 5 in section R into row 25 in section N is not the same. And sure maybe next year for that year only the displacement puts us in section Z but not for 2023

• Agree
Reactions: Clones123

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I believe this year's move will be small compared to the entire reindexing of jack trice in 2023.

It will be worded something like "to accommodate for fans who were displaced in 2022 and to better reflect the value of their reassigned locations all of jack trice stadium has undergone a careful, thoughtful process on pricing. Those wanting to keep their current seats will have the option to keep them provided that they pay the new price point and/or match the new donor requirement for that section. Or, they may select new seats from those available after renewals by using the seat selector tool. As always, go cyclones, JP"

"Reindexing of Jack Trice in 2023?" What? I suspected that it would come at some point, but I don't think I've heard anything official. Has Pollard written/spoken about this?

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
That seals the deal. I am no longer an Iowa State fan. I’ve been a fan since 1995 and a season ticket holder since 2013. I officially will not be renewing my plan next season nor will I watch on tv ever again. Instead, I will be taking my fandom to Iowa City where they know how to manage a student section.
well-bye.gif

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
"Reindexing of Jack Trice in 2023?" What? I suspected that it would come at some point, but I don't think I've heard anything official. Has Pollard written/spoken about this?
SHHHHHHH!!!! Don't slow this down. We need something to keep our undies all tight and dissect to death for the next 4 months.

• Funny
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames

Don’t forget safety.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006

You need to email this to Pollard. Save him the time of having to draft it up himself next year.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Sorry if this took you by surprise. I was speaking hypothetically. This is my official prediction though

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
But, being displaced from row 5 in section R into row 25 in section N is not the same. And sure maybe next year for that year only the displacement puts us in section Z but not for 2023
And you are just speculating that is what it will be.. for all you know it will from row 5 in section R to row 5 in section K or Z.

Fact is people are in here expecting the worst and complaining when it might be no big deal, or even better than before.

Until you or anyone else actually know what they are getting and that it is in fact worse than what they already have, they should calm down. Everything people are worried about is complete speculation.

Z, ZZ, and 40 will be new fully open non-donor sections, nand the other non donor sections had quite a bit of open non season ticket seats in them. No one knows at this point what you will be able to get for seats if displaced until you actually get that chance.

NickJoos

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 29, 2021
The ticket office will be sharing options with those fans impacted very soon. ISU has great fans and the department greatly appreciates your support of our teams and student-athletes. Have a great weekend.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
And you are just speculating that is what it will be.. for all you know it will from row 5 in section R to row 5 in section K or Z.

Fact is people are in here expecting the worst and complaining when it might be no big deal, or even better than before.

Until you or anyone else actually know what they are getting and that it is in fact worse than what they already have, they should calm down. Everything people are worried about is complete speculation.

Z, ZZ, and 40 will be new fully open non-donor sections, nand the other non donor sections had quite a bit of open non season ticket seats in them. No one knows at this point what you will be able to get for seats if displaced until you actually get that chance.
As others have said, I have selected my seats specifically to what I wanted. Since you don't know my reasons for selecting my seats you don't get to determine how I feel about it.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The ticket office will be sharing options with those fans impacted very soon. ISU has great fans and the department greatly appreciates your support of our teams and student-athletes. Have a great weekend.
If some of us are trying to get seats put together, will we have a shot at the old student seats?

• Optimistic
Reactions: carvers4math

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
We were on vacation visiting our son in Dallas when this was announced, we have had season tickets in section 23 since the South endzone was bowled in and before that in the old South endzone. We loved our seats, 1-4 right against the rail with no one ever walking in front of us. We have gotten to know the people beside and in front of us, so those friendships are now most likely gone.

I am not pleased, but willing to see what the future brings with our upcoming seats, but I really think Pollard screwed all of us over in the sections that are moving after the date to reup for next year has already passed. I get he wants to move the students, but he should have made that announcement before those of us affected had already purchased our tickets for this coming season.

I guess in my case, I will wait and see what happens, but right now, I am pissed about the way this all went down.

Go Cyclones

Last edited:

Podunk13

Oct 26, 2019
We were on vacation visiting our son in Dallas when this was announced, we have had season tickets in section 23 since the South endzone was bowled in and before that in the old South endzone. We loved our seats, 1-4 right against the rail with no one ever walking in front of us. We have gotten to know the people beside and in front of us, so those friendships are now most likely gone.

I am not pleased, but willing to see what the future brings with our upcoming seats, but I really think Pollard screwed all of us over in the sections that are moving after the date to reup for next year has already passed. I get he wants to move the students, but he should have made that announcement before those of us affected had already purchased out tickets for this coming season.

I guess in my case, I will wait and see what happens, but right now, I am pissed about the way this all went down.

Go Cyclones
Agree ..this plan happens in the last 3 days? Can't hear this plan in December? There is a reason it happened AFTER renewal.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa

I am not pleased, but willing to see what the future brings with our upcoming seats, but I really think Pollard screwed all of us over in the sections that are moving after the date to reup for next year has already passed. I get he wants to move the students, but he should have made that announcement before those of us affected had already purchased our tickets for this coming season.

Go Cyclones
He made a smart business decision. 99% of folks that are displaced will bend over and take it and if they don't, there will be someone to replace them because it isn't a high donation area. Can't blame him.

• Disagree
Reactions: 8bitnes

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
He made a smart business decision. 99% of folks that are displaced will bend over and take it and if they don't, there will be someone to replace them because it isn't a high donation area. Can't blame him.
Maybe, never owned a business and you are correct that few will cancel their season tickets this year, but why not wait until 2023 when the planned reseating takes place, instead of doing it now?

How many of us that were reseated this season will be willing to pay up next year if we are coming off say a 4-8 or 5-7 season? If you are going to do this then people are going to expect results on the field, and not another season like last year. Football attendance is dropping all across the nation, and I would hate to see this is the point where ISU fans can look back at in the future and see this was where and why it started at ISU.