Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
We’re you in the new student sections?
No, although I thought “the process” meant all seating selections. I could be mistaken. If so, I would like to know why this all is starting so late.

Didley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 19, 2019
So are they letting the people from the sections that have been taken by the students pick ahead of everyone else?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
No, although I thought “the process” meant all seating selections. I could be mistaken. If so, I would like to know why this all is starting so late.

So are they letting the people from the sections that have been taken by the students pick ahead of everyone else?
I’m pretty sure they are letting the displaced people pick those sections first. That way if there are open seats, others can jump in there.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
We chose June 1st at 9:45, we do not donate but have had season tickets for a decade or more.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
This is ONLY for those that are displaced by moving the students. We have through next Friday at noon to choose our new seats. Once that is completed, the regular seat changing starts.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
This is ONLY for those that are displaced by moving the students. We have through next Friday to choose our new seats. Once that is completed, the regular seat changing starts.
Can we see which seats are currently open for the non displaced people?

Reactions: Didley

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
No idea, as I'm not in the non-displaced group. The email us displaced people received said there will be a preview like with parking. I can preview the available sections we can move to.

Last edited:

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Yes, I can see more than just the old student seats, but only tickets deemed to be the $275 price point. So, I can pick from the newly opened student sections or A,B,1,2 and the SW corner.

Didley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 19, 2019
Yes, I can see more than just the old student seats, but only tickets deemed to be the $275 price point. So, I can pick from the newly opened student sections or A,B,1,2 and the SW corner.
According to the updated seating chart 40, Z and ZZ would probably be completely open, but would be the $399 price point. No donation required. The only $275 sections are K, L, M and N.

Didley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 19, 2019
Were there any Century or States donors that had season ticket spots in section 27 that got booted. Would they let them get first crack at the newly opened 38 and 39? Or do you think they'll need to wait for their normal seat selection

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Were there any Century or States donors that had season ticket spots in section 27 that got booted. Would they let them get first crack at the newly opened 38 and 39? Or do you think they'll need to wait for their normal seat selection
We can pick between 37-40 and X-ZZ as those are also $275 tickets for the next three years for the displaced folks. Currently, 822 seats available in section 37 which will be $599 seats for non displaced buyers if any remain

• Informative

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Non-donor level here, was displaced from section T and got a 4:30pm time on May 31st. With the 3 year price lock deal they gave us and the chance to select seats in what eventually would require a donation and higher ticket price level without having to pay additional for it now am debating if I want to go for better seats now. I see the pros and cons, could get slightly better seats for next 3 years then re-evaluate my situation and relocate or just go for best seats I can find in the non-donor section now that may not be available in 3 years. Honestly don't think there would be a whole lot of difference picking from section Z than Y probably, could potentially try X too but 3 years from now when you would have to pay the donor level and price difference to stay there what is going to be open in the other sections is unknown.

spierceisu

Jan 28, 2007
Ankeny
I am a new season ticket holder this year and got an email that seat selection would be this month. I am guessing this got delayed due to the student section move. I was in the lowest price point (upper corners of the south end) so I have no idea where my seats may be now since half of those are now gone.

Didley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 19, 2019
Non-donor level here, was displaced from section T and got a 4:30pm time on May 31st. With the 3 year price lock deal they gave us and the chance to select seats in what eventually would require a donation and higher ticket price level without having to pay additional for it now am debating if I want to go for better seats now. I see the pros and cons, could get slightly better seats for next 3 years then re-evaluate my situation and relocate or just go for best seats I can find in the non-donor section now that may not be available in 3 years. Honestly don't think there would be a whole lot of difference picking from section Z than Y probably, could potentially try X too but 3 years from now when you would have to pay the donor level and price difference to stay there what is going to be open in the other sections is unknown.
Just remember that its best to do 4 seats if you jump to donor level. If you did Century level for $100, thats really only $25 per seat extra. And you can get a $100 parking pass which is cheaper than some of the lots.

Grabbing good seats now in Y and then making the jump to Century in 2025 seems like a decent option.

Last edited:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Just remember that its best to do 4 seats if you jump to donor level. If you did Century level for $100, thats really only $25 per seat extra. And you can get a $100 parking pass which is cheaper than some of the lots.

Grabbing good seats now in Y and then making the jump to Century in 2025 seems like a decent option.
Gotta be states for a parking pass.

• Wow

Help Support Us

Become a patron