Stranger Things

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
We've been watching all week. Got to episode 7 last night...what in the hell was that? I'll try not to spoil anything, but you've got all of this tension rising between 98% of the cast, then you spend an entire episode focusing on nothing to do with the main plot? I've loved this season more than last, but what was that garbage?
Yeah I was really confused why they chose to do that. I did like getting that part of the story but felt that was a very poor time to do so.

• Agree
Reactions: FerShizzle

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
Just finished up season 2. This is such a great show, definitely lived up to the standard of season 1, even surpassed it in some respects.

I really liked the new characters and Dustin & Steve really killed it. Liked them as a duo.

Last edited:

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
We've been watching all week. Got to episode 7 last night...what in the hell was that? I'll try not to spoil anything, but you've got all of this tension rising between 98% of the cast, then you spend an entire episode focusing on nothing to do with the main plot? I've loved this season more than last, but what was that garbage?

I agree. I'd have to guess that they're introducing things that will become more prominent is season 3. But it was like a splash of cold water to bring that in out of nowhere.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Yeah I was really confused why they chose to do that. I did like getting that part of the story but felt that was a very poor time to do so.

I agree. I'd have to guess that they're introducing things that will become more prominent is season 3. But it was like a splash of cold water to bring that in out of nowhere.
Then they completely abandoned it for the last two episodes only to have her explain in 2 minutes to Hopper what happened. They could have cut episode 7 and just had her explain what happened.

Overall though, I really liked this season.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Great show, great characters. Really liked how they mixed certain characters/storylines this time around. This show is solid, and the 80s nostalgia have been rad.

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
I hope billy is in season 3 more. I doubt it but he makes a good mini villain.

I liked the Billy character as a douche villain, but I agree with a review I read. I'll put in spoilers but I don't think its really a spoiler.

For a guy on a show Stranger Things, he didn't really get involved with any stranger things.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
In season 3 do you think they'll leave Will alone and let someone else get possessed? His character is about the only one I don't like. Maybe it's that ******* haircut

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
I liked the Billy character as a douche villain, but I agree with a review I read. I'll put in spoilers but I don't think its really a spoiler.

For a guy on a show Stranger Things, he didn't really get involved with any stranger things.
I could see them going the route of Billy somehow being the Mind Flayer's way of getting back into the real world. Billy possibly becomes the next "host" and opens a portal for the MF to come into the real world entirely.

Reactions: CycloneNorth

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
I could see them going the route of Billy somehow being the Mind Flayer's way of getting back into the real world. Billy possibly becomes the next "host" and opens a portal for the MF to come into the real world entirely.

Agree, this was my thought as well.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
I hope billy is in season 3 more. I doubt it but he makes a good mini villain.
There was an article about him on IGN a couple days ago. I can't link because IGN is blocked on my work computer. Long story short, I think he has an expanded role in season 3 and is more of a good guy, per the actors comments.

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
Great season, maybe even better than the first season.

I wonder what season 3 will be about. I think Jane will try to kill 'Papa'.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Pretty sure Billy is going to bang Nancy's mom. I dated a girl in college who looks identical to Nancy. Her mother did not look like Nancy's mom.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Then they completely abandoned it for the last two episodes only to have her explain in 2 minutes to Hopper what happened. They could have cut episode 7 and just had her explain what happened.

Overall though, I really liked this season.

I heard somewhere, dont remember where, that ep. 7 was A kind of pilot, for a new series. It may have been conjecture, but does make sense based on how little that episode pushed the Hawkins plot along.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
I heard somewhere, dont remember where, that ep. 7 was A kind of pilot, for a new series. It may have been conjecture, but does make sense based on how little that episode pushed the Hawkins plot along.
You mean based on how little that episode had to do with anything Stranger Things except 08 and 11 came from the same place. My hatred for that episode is overflowing.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
You mean based on how little that episode had to do with anything Stranger Things except 08 and 11 came from the same place. My hatred for that episode is overflowing.

I don't know

The guy they didn't kill did say that "Papa" isn't dead, so that would have something to do with it. The episode also showed character growth in 11, but I agree, it should have been built into other episodes.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron