Story City

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
Ames.

There's not much in SC. There's a Pizza Ranch, McD's, KFC/Taco Bell, Subway, Dairy Queen, and a diner that used to be a Happy Chef. I don't know much about the diner as I have never been there.

The Cottage on Broad closed a couple of years ago, which was the best option.

agcy68

Feb 9, 2007
Iowa
Where's a good place to eat dinner?

~10 miles North on the Interstate to 175. East about 7 miles to Radcliffe, North on Main Street, top of the hill will be Babes

In Story City, the Mexican place across from Pizza Ranch is ok

Allie's pizza or Casey's pizza are good

We had turkey chili for supper - you could stop on by...

:rolleyes:

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
Never have been through Story City, or have any knowledge of what restaurants are there, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say Pizza Ranch.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Ames.

There's not much in SC. There's a Pizza Ranch, McD's, KFC/Taco Bell, Subway, Dairy Queen, and a diner that used to be a Happy Chef. I don't know much about the diner as I have never been there.

Sounds like Pizza Ranch.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
An Iowa State Professor's wife owns Dinners By Dawn. So check that place out. Although this is probably too late.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA

Say what, that's sad.

I worked in Story City during college. If you are there for lunch, the grocery store has a kitchen in the back that actually has some really good food.

Go to RC's and get a drink.

Anyone ever frequent the area around 2005-2006ish and eat at the Subway there? Anyone remember Hot Story City Subway Girl? Loved running into her at Sips

JustRedman

Jul 10, 2009
Gilbert
Ames.

I'm glad to hear you thought the Cottage was good. I worked there till the end.

Cyclonefan710

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2012
An Iowa State Professor's wife owns Dinners By Dawn. So check that place out. Although this is probably too late.

The only annoying thing is their hour. Not open Sunday and they don't serve past 3pm Monday, Tuesday, or Saturday.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron