Stimulus...have you received yours?

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
It's a joke. Relax. I don't want you to have to up your blood pressure meds or something.
Your backhanded complements are getting old. You are wrong, and instead of admitting it, you said you were just joking. How about you actually know something about the subject, before you comment.

• Dumb
Reactions: Sigmapolis

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It's a joke. Relax. I don't want you to have to up your blood pressure meds or something.

The idea of "made in _____" is kind of a silly concept nowadays, anyways. Even if final assembly in the U.S., there are no doubt parts and components that come from a complex global supply chain. Bits and pieces and material for the equipment and the IP probably comes from every continent to at least some degree.

And this is all a wonderful thing. :)
One product that I “produced” for 3M had made in America on it. I lined up one part from Spain, one from Italy, and another from Mexico. We assembled everything in Iowa and it was not a thing until all assembled, therefore they said it was made in America.

It is hard to know where things are from nowadays even with the labels.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Google SVS and then come back to me. You started this by stating I was purchasing something from China, now you are doubling down with what happened at 3M. Nice, but not all companies are like that, some actually make their products in North America.
My speakers are made in both, the cheaper versions are made in China, the ones I have are all made in Hope Arkansas.

So is SVS subs made in China or the US?
How did I start this??

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Many electronics are made overseas in China, in my system my receiver is a Denon made in China, all the speakers are made in Hope Arkansas, the current sub is made in the US as well as the amp that I am running.

We life in a world economy, it up to the consumer to decide if they are willing and able to pay more to purchase something made in the US.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
One product that I “produced” for 3M had made in America on it. I lined up one part from Spain, one from Italy, and another from Mexico. We assembled everything in Iowa and it was not a thing until all assembled, therefore they said it was made in America.

It is hard to know where things are from nowadays even with the labels.
Car makers do this too.

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
"That daredevil @SEIOWA CLONE, he'd fight father Zeus!
He'd just assaulted Aphrodite, he stabbed her wrist
like something superhuman he charged at me!"

--Apollo to Ares, Book V of the Iliad
Signapolis posts about things that he has no clue about, and then when called out, refuses to admit he is wrong and doubles down.

Which is worst?

• Haha
Reactions: Sigmapolis

JRCampy

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Got the first two. Filed 2020 taxes too early, disqualified ourselves. I know we didn’t need the money, but super annoyed at myself for the lost opportunity.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Signapolis posts about things that he has no clue about, and then when called out, refuses to admit he is wrong and doubles down.

Which is worst?

Stop it. You're killing me.

I know you're always a bit wound on here for some reason but, seriously...

Do you take every obvious joke (and I even marked it with a smiley) so seriously?

Why so serious, friend? I know it has been a hard year for everybody.

• Haha
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Getting back on track...get my payment site now says the direct deposit will occur on Wednesday this week. :)

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Update from me. Every time I was checking the Get My Payment site it was saying they didn't have an update for me. Today I checked and it said a check was being mailed to me on March 26.

Hope everyone else that had similar messages as me has an update!

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Got almost $700 dollars for my stimulus yesterday. What makes me upset is if I would have waited to file our taxes, we would have been eligible for the total amount. Due to the sale of an investment property, our taxes went way up for 2020 compared to 2019, even though our income didn't change much.

Although, it was important for me to get my money back from a failed 1031 exchange so I could use that money as a down payment on a house for the wife and I.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Nothing for us yet. I think ours is unique though. Our 2019 tax returned would have disqualified us for anything but I filed our 2020 return about 3 weeks ago and we qualify for full amount this year. We've not received our tax refund yet either which I thought was weird. I did taxes for my parents and brother and they received theirs in just about a week.

Would the IRS look at our return since it is so different from our prior year? I mean I could have a 30 second conversation with someone from the IRS to explain the differences.