Star Wars Expanded Universe Thread

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
It keeps getting better. I’m so sad Wednesday is the last of the season.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Catching up on Andor after not being blown away by first three episodes. On 8 now.

People were not kidding when they say it gets better.

Episode 6 might be single best episode of all these series. Really not going to get much better than that.

In some ways these episodes 4-8 are what I’d have played out in my head as a Star Wars prequel, maybe more than Rogue One. The action hitting in episode 6 after the political and character build up was pretty great.

We don't lie here in this thread. You can take anything we say as gospel. That goes for opinions too, so if you don't agree with our opinions, that is on you..... ;-)

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I've been waiting to binge Andor here later this month. I can't wait. :)
Hearing early reviews, I started watching it. I decided after ep. 8 to hold off and just binge the last 4 all at once. I was getting very much a "Can't wait for the next Episode, but don't want it to end." vibe. I wast thinking about the next episode all week. So, I decided to just turn it into a final night of Andor. I'll pick a good night that I don't have anything to do and can just kick back and enjoy.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I'm hoping Andor is really good. I was ready to call it quits on Disney Star Wars after the Obi-Wan disaster.

Reactions: khardbored

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA

This is big news for Disney as a whole. Hopefully it also means good things for both Star Wars and Marvel's future.

I'm not sure if it will change at all. Everything that came out in the 11 months Chapek had direct control of Disney, were all greenlit under Iger. The only thing that can be directly tied to Chapek is the GeniuePlus at the parks.

I'm more curious what chaned in the last 2 months. They went from renewing Chapeks contract to firing him and writing him a 100 million dollar check to leave? (Rumored as I don't think all the details are public.)

• Agree
Reactions: bos

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
… The only thing that can be directly tied to Chapek is the GeniuePlus at the parks.

I'm more curious what chaned in the last 2 months. They went from renewing Chapeks contract to firing him and writing him a 100 million dollar check to leave? (Rumored as I don't think all the details are public.)
Should have been drawn and quartered and then fired for this.

:jimlad:

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Filoni is so good at this. I think that what you're seeing now is film makers and writers who grew up with the OT and once ROTJ was done, there was kind of this big hole for 15 years. Those three movies made such a huge impact and then after that, kids who lived and died with those movies had zero new content growing up, so they were forced to use their imagination to continue that universe. I was one of those kids and remember thinking...What were the Clone Wars? How did the Rebellion get the Death Star plans? Could Yoda fight? What kind of other bounties did Boba Fett go after? How did the Obi-Wan/Anakin relationship go bad?

These directors now are completely untethered to Lucas, who should be praised for creating this universe, but also took it down the wrong path IMO. No one needed Jar Jar stepping in poop or burping to find comedy, the droids were enough to lighten things up. IMO he underestimated kids' ability to appreciate things a little more serious and dark and some subtle humor that isn't in your face.

Anyway, Filoni is now building on his own universe. I don't know how much he has to do with Andor, but that and Rogue One are kind of an ode to all those kids that grew up with no new SW movies and wondered how the story got to ANH. It's SW for adults and I'm glad someone did it.
tumblr_ne2xgj19sh1rnhnqfo1_500.gif

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Andor rocks. Man I could watch this show every week until I die.

FYI there is a post credits sequence. Nothing huge but it's still cool to see.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Catching up on Andor after not being blown away by first three episodes. On 8 now.

People were not kidding when they say it gets better.

Episode 6 might be single best episode of all these series. Really not going to get much better than that.
Hearing someone say this, knowing what's coming in a couple of episodes, almost feels like what it must have felt to see ESB before your friends did.

Last edited:

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
Hearing someone say this, knowing what's coming in a couple of episodes, almost feels like it must have felt to see ESB before your friends did.
He's not wrong, either. Episode 6 is a masterpiece. Almost perfect pacing. But then the episode I know you're thinking about happened and.... just.... wow.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
He's not wrong, either. Episode 6 is a masterpiece. Almost perfect pacing. But then the episode I know you're thinking about happened and.... just.... wow.
Episode 6 was my favorite personally, though I also really liked the one you are alluding to.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
What an amazing season. I don't know what else to say other than I can't wait to watch it again, and I rarely rewatch television shows. Mastercraft in television. It deserves all the Emmys.