Star Wars Expanded Universe Thread

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Just watched 10. Amazing as usual. Some big moments. Serkis is amazing. Skarsgard is amazing. Luna keeps doing his thing. This has to be one of the more well acted shows I've seen in a while. And does anyone else think Luthens assistant, who's name escapes me, looks like a young Carry Fisher?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Just watched 10. Amazing as usual. Some big moments. Serkis is amazing. Skarsgard is amazing. Luna keeps doing his thing. This has to be one of the more well acted shows I've seen in a while. And does anyone else think Luthens assistant, who's name escapes me, looks like a young Carry Fisher?

Her name is Kleya... rhymes with Leia, I have a feeling they are the same person.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I mean this sincerely I think this is the best TV show I've seen in a very long time. The way they can build tension with just dialogue is fantastic. The scene with Mon, Luthen's speech, Serkis' speech over the intercom, just absolute bangers. This is frickin' cinema and the fact that the viewership isn't great is a god damn crime.

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
I mean this sincerely I think this is the best TV show I've seen in a very long time. The way they can build tension with just dialogue is fantastic. The scene with Mon, Luthen's speech, Serkis' speech over the intercom, just absolute bangers. This is frickin' cinema and the fact that the viewership isn't great is a god damn crime.
It was a little bit of a slow burn, but it’s thermonuclear right now. Fantastic show and great long-form Star Wars universe build.

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Her name is Kleya... rhymes with Leia, I have a feeling they are the same person.
Not a chance. Too high profile and too young at this point.

Holy hell! This episode. Just wow. Anyone not watching this because it's Star Wars or not watching it because it's not Star Wars enough are doing themselves a disservice. Serkis deserves a freaking Emmy for his performance.

Last edited:

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Not a chance. Too high profile and too young at this point.

Holy hell! This episode. Just wow. Anyone not watching this because it's Star Wars or not watching it because it's not Star Wars enough are doing themselves a disservice. Serkis deserves a freaking Emmy for his performance.
Yeah, I don't think that she would fit age-wise. Leia would have to be like 13-14 at this point and on her way to being a senator...not working in some guy's art shop.

I agree that there should be multiple supporting actor Emmy nominees out of this one. Serkis, Skarsgard, and then O'Reilly as Mon Mothma. You'd think that cutting away to political scenes on Coruscant would be boring...like get back to the real sh*t. But they're not at all. They're just as good as the prison stuff with Andor. And that is all credit to O'Reilly's acting.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Yeah, I don't think that she would fit age-wise. Leia would have to be like 13-14 at this point and on her way to being a senator...not working in some guy's art shop.

I agree that there should be multiple supporting actor Emmy nominees out of this one. Serkis, Skarsgard, and then O'Reilly as Mon Mothma. You'd think that cutting away to political scenes on Coruscant would be boring...like get back to the real sh*t. But they're not at all. They're just as good as the prison stuff with Andor. And that is all credit to O'Reilly's acting.

That scene was fantastic. Just amazing stuff. It's also a credit to Gilroy and his writing and everybody involved. The set is amazing, the costumes are outstanding, the acting is perfect. I'm going to watch this episode again today or tomorrow just so I can hear those speeches again. Just unbelievable.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

Whoever is writing this dialogue deserves an Emmy, as it is just Emmy caliber monologue after monologue. With every one of them, I keep rewinding and replaying them over and over to really let all the meaning of what they are saying truly set in.

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
Honestly I can’t believe they did it.
I had a gut feeling that he wasn't making it out of that episode.

But wow, what a way to go out. The power in his words when he interrupted Andor with "NOBODY IS GETTING OUT" was incredible. Then to top that moment with his intercom speech was one of the best things I've watched in a long time.

Absolutely incredible TV.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I had a gut feeling that he wasn't making it out of that episode.

But wow, what a way to go out. The power in his words when he interrupted Andor with "NOBODY IS GETTING OUT" was incredible. Then to top that moment with his intercom speech was one of the best things I've watched in a long time.

Absolutely incredible TV.

I thought there was no way he was going to make it. But the way he didn't make it, after they got all the way to the end... wow.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I thought there was no way he was going to make it. But the way he didn't make it, after they got all the way to the end... wow.
I mean, we don't KNOW he didn't make it. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him pop back up either yet this season or next season. Usually a character like that they'll actually show the death if he dies. I could 100% see Serkis being one of the early leaders of the rebellion.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I mean, we don't KNOW he didn't make it. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him pop back up either yet this season or next season. Usually a character like that they'll actually show the death if he dies. I could 100% see Serkis being one of the early leaders of the rebellion.

I don't think that's how Tony Gilroy operates and this whole show is his vision.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
That scene was fantastic. Just amazing stuff. It's also a credit to Gilroy and his writing and everybody involved. The set is amazing, the costumes are outstanding, the acting is perfect. I'm going to watch this episode again today or tomorrow just so I can hear those speeches again. Just unbelievable.

I could watch a whole season of Mon Mothma honestly. Keep waiting for Bail Organa to show up, but poor Jimmy Smits might be in trouble acting opposite her. I could also watch a whole season of the prison, and am slightly sad that they've broken out now.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonsin

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I could watch a whole season of Mon Mothma honestly. Keep waiting for Bail Organa to show up, but poor Jimmy Smits might be in trouble acting opposite her. I could also watch a whole season of the prison, and am slightly sad that they've broken out now.

I could have watched a whole season of the heist, I could have watched a whole season of the prison. I could watch Skarsgard stand on the catwalk in his flowing cloak for a good 35 minutes.

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
The way they decoupled him from Andor was so good as well. Also, they set it up so well. Just earlier they showed prisoners falling and being run over in the rush to escape. Then they showed rushing prisoners crashing into Andor sending him out. It was a good way to do it because my sense is Andor would not have left him. I hope the character returns. He is (was) awesome.