JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
Sep 21, 2019; Fort Worth, TX, USA; TCU Horned Frogs head coach Gary Patterson reacts during the second half against the Southern Methodist Mustangs at Amon G. Carter Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Kevin Jairaj-USA TODAY Sports

Chris Williams, Publisher – Iowa State 24, TCU 13

We won’t know till game time what Iowa State’s injury situation is like on offense. I’ll tell you what I do believe to know though … TCU, with a ton of uncertainty at quarterback, is going to have a difficult time scoring points. I see this as a bruiser of a game, potentially ugly offensively. Hoping that Iowa State breaks through on that side of the football. I do believe Iowa State wins the game though.

Jared Stansbury, Managing Editor – Iowa State 20, TCU 17

I think Iowa State will have corrected some of their problems from the season-opening loss, but I think this TCU defense is going to be good. Anticipate a back-and-forth slugfest from beginning to end.

Rob Gray, Senior Writer – Iowa...

Continue reading...

Reactions: Sigmapolis

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
As it does every day before gameday my burst of optimism returns. Drink up!

ISU 34 - TCU 16

Reactions: Snydes

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
TCU wins 14-7

Let me elaborate: Offensive woes continue against a solid D. Our own defense plays well and their QBs struggle. We will play them close all game, the difference will be again in the margins where I predict we lose the turnover battle and set them up for an easy score on our side of the 50.

Expecting about 450 yards of total offense combined

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
This game is intriguing because ISU underperformed last outing and TCU hasn't played a down. Both coaches are highly regarded. Purdy is considered by some to be elite, while TCU's guy is coming off a good freshman year. ISU has some serious injury issues, evidently. Ft. Worth. I'm guessing this one goes down to the last possession, 3 points Frogs.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

Inthesystem

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 12, 2009
I think turnovers will be the key and this does not work in our favor. TCU 17-13.

I hate being so pessimistic but we are what the scoreboard says we are.

• Agree

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
This game is intriguing because ISU underperformed last outing and TCU hasn't played a down. Both coaches are highly regarded. Purdy is considered by some to be elite, while TCU's guy is coming off a good freshman year. ISU has some serious injury issues, evidently. Ft. Worth. I'm guessing this one goes down to the last possession, 3 points Frogs.
While Duggan was cleared to play, Patterson named Matthew Downing as the starting QB.

• Informative
Reactions: surly

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
TCU wins 14-7

Let me elaborate: Offensive woes continue against a solid D. Our own defense plays well and their QBs struggle. We will play them close all game, the difference will be again in the margins where I predict we lose the turnover battle and set them up for an easy score on our side of the 50.

Expecting about 450 yards of total offense combined

TCU 1 offensive TD, and 1 Special Teams TD.

Have no idea what ISU will score but the last 3 games the offense mustered, 17, 9 and 14.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
If TCU's been well prepared they'll likely win.

ISU should be improved but I'm not expecting the tendencies of the past two seasons to go anywhere even if corrected for a short time.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
So I'm going to go with the one football analyst. An attempt at an unbiased analysis would lead me to see TCU winning. Our offense could really struggle. Perhaps they will be able to run but I'll go with...

TCU 24 - ISU 14

Last edited:

Clyde4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 22, 2018
The ST performance has been dreadful the last 3 games. They spotted KSU a 7 pt lead 13 seconds into what was sure to be a close game. An early fumble on a punt return set the tone early against ND. Then against LA we almost give up as many points on ST as we did on defense.

We have little chance at beating TCU if ST makes it 4 straight clunkers.

• Agree

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
TCU 27 ISU 13

on the strength of one return TD, one big play TD, and a pick six late, TCU takes their home opener from the uninspired Cyclones.

Please prove me wrong, boys, but three “off” performances in a row really have me scared that something is very wrong in the ISU locker room.

• Agree

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron