Solo Stoves

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Anyone have one? Thinking of getting one because I like that it burns actual wood, little smoke, is portable and can be used on a wooden deck.

Looking for feedback on people's experience. TIA.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Anyone have one? Thinking of getting one because I like that it burns actual wood, little smoke, is portable and can be used on a wooden deck.

Well, if it burns wood and you have it on a wooden deck, you can never complain about being out of fuel.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Well, if it burns wood and you have it on a wooden deck, you can never complain about being out of fuel.

Yeah I was pretty skeptical but my BIL swears by it. I guess you can also have a mat under it

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
My brother gifted me his when he moved. It's been great, especially since I didn't drop the $200 to buy it. I don't have a place for it in the backyard, so we bring it out to the driveway. Flames are well-contained, very little smoke and it cools down relatively quickly too so we can pack it up that same evening. I have some tree limbs at the bottom of my backyard that I'll use for fuel, but lately I've just grabbed some of the over-priced firewood at the Hy-Vee gas stations.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
My neighbor has one and it’s awesome. Almost no smoke.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

Wife's been wanting one but I've resisted just because I kind of like the smoke and crackle of an actual firepit. I'm sure she'll win in the end. They do look slick.

Mort4Cy

Apr 8, 2011
I have one and like it, but I have a concrete patio that I use it on so I can't attest to using it on a deck. Burns very hot but is pretty much smokeless once it gets going. I got the new carrying handle for father's day and it makes it even more easily portable. Overall, I would recommend.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
I have one and like it, but I have a concrete patio that I use it on so I can't attest to using it on a deck. Burns very hot but is pretty much smokeless once it gets going. I got the new carrying handle for father's day and it makes it even more easily portable. Overall, I would recommend.
Does it put off much heat?

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
Have one, as others have said, its great. Burns hot with minimal smoke and the bottom stays cool.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Enough it melted my shoe the first time I used ours when I had it too close.
How close were you? Like this?

200.gif

gj524

Aug 10, 2018
Enough it melted my shoe the first time I used ours when I had it too close.
Is it just hot to the touch or does it actually throw heat out? My wife has been interested in a gas table top fire for the deck but my hesitation has been that they don't seem to actually provide warmth.

I also have a small yard and haven't wanted to dedicate an area to a permanent fire pit or drag pavers out to the yard every time we have a fire. The option to move it between the deck and yard is really intriguing. I see on the website they claim the stand makes it safe for directly on grass or a deck.

Anyone ever used one of the stands?