Solo Stoves

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
I have a smokeless fire pit that my brother gave to me, when it was missing a bolt for one of the legs. He got another for free, and fixed the other one so I could have it. Ours is a Tiki brand. Haven't used it yet, but I like the cool weather coming.

ESciGuy

Mar 16, 2010
Joliet, IL
Just bought this same package. Yah, pricey, but what the hell, you only live once. Question, when you're done for the night, and it's sitting on wood/composite, is there a decent manner to smother the flame instead of pouring water on it. I don't want to do that. Don't think the "'package" comes with a lid? Thanks!
What CyHard said. Just let it burn out, and turn it over next morning to empty the ashes. I haven't had to worry about covering it after use due to an overnight rain forecast.

Reactions: FallOf81

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
Good feedback, got the Bonfire+Stand bundle sitting in my cart on their website this morning for $259 plus free shipping. I can't seem to find any negatives. Only one I could see is if I use it on my deck (which is honestly my best location) is once done waiting for the fire to cool down enough to go to bed. Just worries me to leave it on the deck even with just some hot embers.

From what I've read in reviews you're not supposed to use water to douse the flames.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Good feedback, got the Bonfire+Stand bundle sitting in my cart on their website this morning for $259 plus free shipping. I can't seem to find any negatives. Only one I could see is if I use it on my deck (which is honestly my best location) is once done waiting for the fire to cool down enough to go to bed. Just worries me to leave it on the deck even with just some hot embers.

From what I've read in reviews you're not supposed to use water to douse the flames.

Are they running buy1-get1 free right now? Or was that only certain products. The big ones might be 40% off.

Use stone pavers under it if burning on your deck. I've sat around one on a deck a number of times

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017

I purchased a lid for ours. Their lid. That will accelerate the fire out process. And we love ours. Sits on a wood deck but I chickened out and also bought a fire mat. You'll love it!

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
I purchased a lid for ours. Their lid. That will accelerate the fire out process. And we love ours. Sits on a wood deck but I chickened out and also bought a fire mat. You'll love it!

Cool, think I'll do it and call it a family Christmas present. Wife loves fires but hates the post smokey smell on your clothes. I really like the idea of being able to use it but not have a permanent firepit in our yard. Use it, let it cool, and store it in the shed for next time.

Reactions: Macloney

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I suppose the smokeless is better for neighbors but where is the fun in that. How am I supposed to teach my kids the art of using leaves and pine needles to smoke out the whole neighborhood with this?

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
I suppose the smokeless is better for neighbors but where is the fun in that. How am I supposed to teach my kids the art of using leaves and pine needles to smoke out the whole neighborhood with this?

Hah, as much as I would agree with that being fun I'm in Udale so I already am skirting the local city code having one. Will have to keep a bag of hot dogs on the desk with us.

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
Cool, think I'll do it and call it a family Christmas present. Wife loves fires but hates the post smokey smell on your clothes. I really like the idea of being able to use it but not have a permanent firepit in our yard. Use it, let it cool, and store it in the shed for next time.
She'll love it if that's the case. Same with my wife. Magic is it's such an intense heat combined with great ventilation that diminishes the smoke.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
Are they running buy1-get1 free right now? Or was that only certain products. The big ones might be 40% off.

Use stone pavers under it if burning on your deck. I've sat around one on a deck a number of times

Looks like just a %off black friday sale.

clonehenge

Apr 14, 2006
Does the stand make a difference? The Bonfire by itself is $35 cheaper than with the stand.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
I've been looking at these so the info here was helpful. I'm holding out cause I'm sure we won't use it much but boy its cool ... Must resist a few more weeks and it'll pass lol

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
Does the stand make a difference? The Bonfire by itself is $35 cheaper than with the stand.
I bought the kit. Has "stand" and screen for top. And a cover which I like. Stand is ok.
Screen is nice. Keeps embers from popping and landing on gatherers. Stand really doesn't accomplish much besides raise it 3 inches off the surface creating more of a heat safety factor. I also bought a fire mat as wife is paranoid going to burn down the deck. I just saw they are coming out with a heat deflector in 2022. You'll set it on the stove and some of the heat will be forced downward. I'll be all in for that. If you're willing to fork over above average premium for a fire pit then fire away. You won't be disappointed.

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
First test burn complete. Very impressed with it. Crazy hot heat coming off the top, very little smoke once it gets going. No more playing musical chairs trying to avoid the smoke.

I didn't get brave enough to try it out on the wooden deck but it did come with the stand so once I get more comfortable I'll try it. Definitely burns thru wood quickly but also really does a good job of burning it up so you don't get a bunch of left over ash chunks.