Seat Selection:

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Yeah, but I'm working a gaming convention, so I may not have time to pick at my allotted time. It's not insurmountable, just inconvenient. I'll figure it out. First year getting season tix. Donated at Gold level. I'm, like, 1977 out of 2010 at that level. Should I even be bothering to preview seats in Gold donation level, or will there not be seats left there and get bumped down to Cardinal's area? Sugestions?
If you donate a new press box, you could probably move up in line...just kidding...I think.

• Funny
Reactions: OldCurmudgeon

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
how close is considered too close to the field? Selecting today for the displaced season ticket holders into the student section

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
how close is considered too close to the field? Selecting today for the displaced season ticket holders into the student section
To each their own. I used the tickets of a couple of season ticket holders quite a few years ago. They had a couple of tickets midfield about 6 rows up and another pair top row like in front of the JT Club. I preferred the top row ones because I could see alignment and plays develop much better there. The lower ones were better for seeing and hearing the players' emotions and the bench.

I guess it depends on what you want to see.

As a side note, I watched Seneca pull "The Run" out of his ass from those top row seats.

Reactions: scratch

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Have sat in a relatives’ seats in row 5 across from old student section. Have to watch a lot of other end zone stuff on big screen due to where team stands

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I chose tomorrow at 9:45 as one of the displaced season ticket holders, have been looking at the map of seats open the past few days, and the former student section is wide open as an hour ago.

It will be interesting to see how the reseating goes, did get a reminder email a few minutes ago from ISU about my scheduled time.

Reactions: bwegner27

bwegner27

Sep 11, 2008
My seats open up tomorrow morning as well. My kids really want to be on the aisle, but I need to know where Helmet Guy is going to sit so we can be on his aisle. My kids love slapping that helmet after every touchdown!

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
We chose today and did section Y which is below our donation level, but we wanted in the first three rows and have quite a few tickets together. The change is effectively one section closer to midfield for me, as still in row 3 and moved my seats one seat over.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
My seats open up tomorrow morning as well. My kids really want to be on the aisle, but I need to know where Helmet Guy is going to sit so we can be on his aisle. My kids love slapping that helmet after every touchdown!

Looks like they're in section 40 according to some Twitter posts.

OPButtrey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 21, 2010

How do you know when your seats open up? I haven't received an email yet.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
How do you know when your seats open up? I haven't received an email yet.
The people picking now were the ones displaced by the students moving.

Everyone else will pick in the next couple of weeks, I would guess. I bet we'll get an email next week, or maybe yet this week, that will have seat selection times.

Reactions: OPButtrey

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
If you were displaced there are still plenty of good comparable seats left, especially in the old student sections.

Just got ours in row 4 of section X. It's a donor section I normally would not be able to get into as non donor and figured with our 3 year price lock well take advantage of better seats now then likely relocate in 3 years back to a non donor section again when the time comes.

• Agree
Reactions: Cycsk

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Just logged in and moved our tickets for next year, I was hoping to be able to slide over to section 19 from 23. Had scoped out some seats about the same area as what we had before, there were five seats available, and we were only purchasing four, so it would not allow me to leave an empty seat in the row, so we had to move down to row 14.

Overall once I logged in, the process was fairly simple, even for an old guy like me.

Go Cyclones.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
We went from section O row 8 (first row above the vomitory) to section M row 14. A pretty big hit to our seat location, but we didn't want to be relocating again in a few years when the sweetheart deal ran out.

I guess I will need to run some stairs before football season.

Didley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 19, 2019
Last year was my first year as a donor. Just saw the email today about away game tickets.

What levels are usually able to get into the allotment for the Iowa game?

Last year we went to Oklahoma and UNLV. This year we’re planning to go to Texas and Iowa.

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
So, I am going to be at a fly-in fishing cabin in Canada for a week starting tomorrow with no internet. I was hoping to have seat selection done but now am worried my slot will be while I am gone and will be left with scraps when I return.

Has anyone other than those who were relocated seen anything about selection? I did the mobile pass last year so don't have seats from last year.

nwiafan

Dec 22, 2008
Hawarden
We are at the top of Section 40, sorry I didn't see your message until now!

Hopefully you're nearby, otherwise I'll travel!

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
So, I am going to be at a fly-in fishing cabin in Canada for a week starting tomorrow with no internet. I was hoping to have seat selection done but now am worried my slot will be while I am gone and will be left with scraps when I return.

Has anyone other than those who were relocated seen anything about selection? I did the mobile pass last year so don't have seats from last year.
You will be ok

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron