Seat Selection:

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
I flipped sides for one of the games last year from W to E. There was a huge drop off in energy on the west side. Lots of sitting, barely any noise on 3rd downs. I felt out of place like I was being obnoxious, whereas in comparison to the people in W i fit right in. I’ll stick with the east side and deal with the sun. I can deal with that better than i can with a lame game experience.
I was in W in 2019 and moved to E in 2021. I'm staying in E this year, but you're not wrong. The two that sat in the row in front of me are great but the energy was lacking in others around us.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
I was at 10:30, and there was almost nothing available for an "improvement."

I take that as a good sign. :)
I was able to moved down 3 rows. If you can call that improvement.

OldCurmudgeon

Nov 25, 2017
I get the distinct feeling I'm not going to be very happy about all this when it's my time to choose. At the very least I'll be at least one or two donation seating levels lower than my current level. I know I just started getting season tix this year at the cardinal level, but still disappointing.

How are seats in the lower rows of the upper bowl?

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I get the distinct feeling I'm not going to be very happy about all this when it's my time to choose. At the very least I'll be at least one or two donation seating levels lower than my current level. I know I just started getting season tix this year at the cardinal level, but still disappointing.

How are seats in the lower rows of the upper bowl?
Have you tried the "preview" function yet?

OldCurmudgeon

Nov 25, 2017
Have you tried the "preview" function yet?

Yes, I'm seeing where the seats that are available are located. Only single seats left in my donation level on the lower deck. Looking at the 3D images only gives you so much to work with. Scale is an issue. They need to have a guy out on the field for reference. :)

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Yes, I'm seeing where the seats that are available are located. Only single seats left in my donation level on the lower deck. Looking at the 3D images only gives you so much to work with. Scale is an issue. They need to have a guy out on the field for reference. :)
I'm trying the lower deck this year (fewer steps for bad knees), but a lot will depend on the angle. On the upper deck I could still see a lot of the field between peoples' heads (I'm very short) but the angle of sight from that 3D looks very flat. I may find myself watching the games on the big screens despite being in the stands. :(
Gonna keep trying until I find the perfect west side seats. I wish I could have mirrored the east side seats we had 2 years ago; 4 rows up on the 40 yard line. But after 15+ years of moving around the east side, just couldn't take the sun in my eyes any more.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I'm trying the lower deck this year (fewer steps for bad knees), but a lot will depend on the angle. On the upper deck I could still see a lot of the field between peoples' heads (I'm very short) but the angle of sight from that 3D looks very flat. I may find myself watching the games on the big screens despite being in the stands. :(
Gonna keep trying until I find the perfect west side seats. I wish I could have mirrored the east side seats we had 2 years ago; 4 rows up on the 40 yard line. But after 15+ years of moving around the east side, just couldn't take the sun in my eyes any more.

We moved from lower section C to upper section 5 several years ago. Section C was fine, but I prefer the lower bowl.

I can see fine, but then again, am fairly tall. So hopefully you don't end up behind me! :jimlad:

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
We moved from lower section C to upper section 5 several years ago. Section C was fine, but I prefer the lower bowl.

I can see fine, but then again, am fairly tall. So hopefully you don't end up behind me! :jimlad:
I'm 5'1". Pretty much EVERYBODY is taller than me (unless they are Junior Cyclone Club members).

ajspatio19

Jun 9, 2020
Ankeny
I was in W in 2019 and moved to E in 2021. I'm staying in E this year, but you're not wrong. The two that sat in the row in front of me are great but the energy was lacking in others around us.
I was in F last year and was also disappointed in the energy. I am a relatively new graduate so maybe my expectations were too high from being in the student section, but there were plenty of times where I felt out of place for cheering, almost like I was the away fan.

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Surprised the Sukup actually has 8 seats available 6 singles and 2 together. And that's this late after most people have picked seats. I'm guessing the higher donation level and price increase has something to do with it.

It's a great place to sit but since it opened, I have never been able to move to different seats. Not even sure if those higher on the pecking order get to move. I suppose that's a good thing, apparently people are loyal to buying their tickets and staying put.

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

RLD4ISU

Sep 13, 2018
Otsego, MN
Surprised the Sukup actually has 8 seats available 6 singles and 2 together. And that's this late after most people have picked seats. I'm guessing the higher donation level and price increase has something to do with it.

It's a great place to sit but since it opened, I have never been able to move to different seats. Not even sure if those higher on the pecking order get to move. I suppose that's a good thing, apparently people are loyal to buying their tickets and staying put.
Last year we donated at Captains level in the hopes we could get seats in SEZ and were successful, but could only find seats in the lower half. We stayed at the same level this year hoping, with the increases, we might be able to move our seats a few rows higher. Our ranking moved up, but no such luck with moving up.

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
We've had the same two seats for probably 20 seasons (current Sec V 2nd row) and switched this year to Sec 30 row 44 under the overhang. I have a feeling the first game I will either think I made a big mistake or wish I had done it sooner.

Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

explorer

Apr 16, 2006
Marion, IA
We've had the same two seats for probably 20 seasons (current Sec V 2nd row) and switched this year to Sec 30 row 44 under the overhang. I have a feeling the first game I will either think I made a big mistake or wish I had done it sooner.
We have been in section 30, around row 21 for several years. We moved up to row 40 last year, just under the overhang, and really enjoy it. Pretty good people around there and have a good view of the field in my opinion. I think you will enjoy it.

Reactions: KennyPratt42

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Don’t want to be the top two rows of possible. FGs, long passes, and the scoreboard will be limited. For later games, it gets chilly there. We were row 32 (perfect I thought) but had to move since we added the ticket we dropped last year and only our neighbors stayed right next to us.

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
Don’t want to be the top two rows of possible. FGs, long passes, and the scoreboard will be limited. For later games, it gets chilly there. We were row 32 (perfect I thought) but had to move since we added the ticket we dropped last year and only our neighbors stayed right next to us.
I think we are somewhere in the 4 to 6 rows from the top if I remember correctly. There was a pair on the aisle two rows from the back that I passed on because I was worried about the view with the overhang, glad I did.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Last year we donated at Captains level in the hopes we could get seats in SEZ and were successful, but could only find seats in the lower half. We stayed at the same level this year hoping, with the increases, we might be able to move our seats a few rows higher. Our ranking moved up, but no such luck with moving up.
Yup. SEZ is hard to move anywhere. We are row 13 in the lower part of section 21. I wouldn't want to be any lower and actually our seats are good. We are high enough you can see both sides of the ball. I imagine every year some people give up their SEZ tickets, but you would have to be at the top of the list of donors to be able to move seats or even get into those sections. Obviously you are aware how difficult it is, you donated well above the required level just to get in.

Mead For My Horses

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2020
We picked seats last week and moved from W on the east side to E to get some shade. Disappointed to hear about the lack of energy and hope that will change. I've been hoarse after games several times so we'll do our part to help bring it up!

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
I’ve been in E for several years. Basically stand and cheer on 3rd downs. Many begrudgingly for that.

Reactions: ajspatio19

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron