Royals are in first!

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Looks like the Royals are going to take 3 out 4 up in Minnesota. They are up 5-1 in the bottom of the 9th. Fun team to watch.

6-1 in the top of the 9th. Kratz just hung dong. Rest day for Holland, hopefully!

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
The one time I wore a Royals shirt this week and they lost. I really don't want to have to hang up my gear, but if it supports the cause, I'll do it. I feel so conflicted! #HuntForBlueOctober

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Royals are so much fun to watch right now.... lets roll into Colorado and take two! I wanna to build that lead over Detroit.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Would be nice to build a little cushion with Detroit now. Keep it rolling in Colorado and Texas.

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
If they can go 7 for 9 on this road trip, it will be a GREAT road trip. Also, Detroit heads to Tampa for 3. I would like to see a 4 game lead when they come back home Monday.

Anyone think there will be a big crowd for Jeter's last game in KC on Monday?

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I looked at the calendar and it's Aug, not April - nice going KC. And they're doing it without much power hitting

There power hitting is almost non-existant. But their team BA is great. They need some young power hitters to come through, but they tend to draft then sell them before they can do anything for the team.

Yost has done a great job with his pitching staff, but the lineup still has big holes in terms of run production. The ownership has not shown enough committment to keeping young hitting talent on the team or picking up a big free agent to fill the holes. The former is really what a club like this needs to do, but they love selling their talent. It makes it hard to cheer for, although we are in a heck of an upswing. Haven't been this good since Bo Jackson was shagging fly balls and Saberhagen was winning Cy Youngs.

Last edited:

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
There power hitting is almost non-existant. But their team BA is great. They need some young power hitters to come through, but they tend to draft then sell them before they can do anything for the team.

Yost has done a great job with his pitching staff, but the lineup still has big holes in terms of run production. The ownership has not shown enough committment to keeping young hitting talent on the team or picking up a big free agent to fill the holes. The former is really what a club like this needs to do, but they love selling their talent. It makes it hard to cheer for, although we are in a heck of an upswing. Haven't been this good since Bo Jackson was shagging fly balls and Saberhagen was winning Cy Youngs.

Can you tell us when the last time this occurred was? Carlos Beltran? Seriously I see this posted a lot but that was many years ago. In reality the Royals have been signing their young hitters they have developed like Butler and Gordon.

Greinke was the only developed talent they have traded, and it made all the sense in the world given how far they were from contending, oh, and the fact that he demanded a trade. Prior to that we did what we needed to do and signed him through his first couple free agent years.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Can you tell us when the last time this occurred was? Carlos Beltran? Seriously I see this posted a lot but that was many years ago. In reality the Royals have been signing their young hitters they have developed like Butler and Gordon.

Greinke was the only developed talent they have traded, and it made all the sense in the world given how far they were from contending, oh, and the fact that he demanded a trade. Prior to that we did what we needed to do and signed him through his first couple free agent years.
Not to mention they signed Sal Perez to a nice contract to keep him.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
If they can go 7 for 9 on this road trip, it will be a GREAT road trip. Also, Detroit heads to Tampa for 3. I would like to see a 4 game lead when they come back home Monday.

Anyone think there will be a big crowd for Jeter's last game in KC on Monday?
They have won eight series in a row, best going back to 1991.