Royals are in first!

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Let's go Royals!

That South Korean guy after the game tonight was hillarrous.

#SungWooToKC is 7-0 watching Royals games!

BuzhHOBIYAAMio6.jpg:large

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Sung Woo never leave

They need to kidnap him and keep him from flying home.

I loved last night when Hudler was talking about how great it would be if a he met a beautiful KC lady and stayed here... then Lefebvre had to remind him "Rex, he is already married."

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Should be interesting what roster moves they make with Willingham coming and in a couple weeks with Hosmer back, obviously a reliever is going this time (hopefully downs) and with Hosmer, might they cut Ibanez? He's been pretty dreadful and doesnt help on the field.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
Should be interesting what roster moves they make with Willingham coming and in a couple weeks with Hosmer back, obviously a reliever is going this time (hopefully downs) and with Hosmer, might they cut Ibanez? He's been pretty dreadful and doesnt help on the field.

One of the relievers probably heads out this time like you said... I think that Hos is probably going to sit until September when the rosters expand or someone gets "injured" (Bruce I am looking at you) if he shows hes 100% before than.

Interesting ideas people have been throwing out are that if they get in a pinch they could "option" Crow to Omaha since he has them available and free up a spot, never have him actually leave KC, and have him available Sept 1.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006

Won't need to cut Ibanez... by the time Hosmer is back we'll be in September with the rosters expanded. But it would be nice if we could replace him with someone.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
oh i didnt know that about crow, wouldnt be bad to send him down to get things rolling again, he's struggled a little this year. I get why they picked up Ibanez and wouldnt doubt his leadership is valued, but the roster spot could be better used. With Ventura and Duffy getting close to their ceilings in innings Id imagine Chen will pick up some random starts here soon, they wont be pretty but hopefully he gets the job done.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Crow isn't going down, he has pitched well lately. It will likely be Downs, at least I would choose to send him down over Bueno who I think has pitched better.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Crow isn't going down, he has pitched well lately. It will likely be Downs, at least I would choose to send him down over Bueno who I think has pitched better.

I think Crow still has options left. I could be wrong, but that would be the main reason he'd get sent down over another reliever.

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
Huge run lately, especially after the clunker start in Boston.

Still a lot of concerns for me. Can Duffy and Ventura handle the innings? Holland is looking shaky.

And yes, need to keep SungWo around til the mojo wears off.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Huge run lately, especially after the clunker start in Boston.

Still a lot of concerns for me. Can Duffy and Ventura handle the innings? Holland is looking shaky.

And yes, need to keep SungWo around til the mojo wears off.

I think they have managed Duffy and Ventura's workloads very well. More important than innings is that they have kept them from any high pitch count starts (Research shows that is a greater indicator of arm trouble, especially for someone like Duffy who has had Tommy John). They have typically been around 100 pitch counts in their starts.

But both are going to throw more than they have in recent years. I don't think we can change a thing at this point, they are key members of our rotation. Definitely don't do something stupid like the Nationals did with Strasburg a couple years back.

Holland's "shaky" is still great for most closers! I know what you mean though, last night I was hoping they'd just leave in Wade Davis, especially after the first two guys got on. But as usual Holland got out of the jam. He is great at giving us heart attacks. It will be interesting to see what they do tonight since they an Herrerra have each pitched the last two games. I'd say with Guthrie vs. Royals Killer John Lester, its going to be tough to keep the streak going.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
I think Crow still has options left. I could be wrong, but that would be the main reason he'd get sent down over another reliever.

Correct. Crow has options left but he would have never actually gone to Omaha. I guess the Royals are scared they would lose Downs or Chen in a waiver claim (I dont know why but they were). Its a moot point now because of the Downs "injury."

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Correct. Crow has options left but he would have never actually gone to Omaha. I guess the Royals are scared they would lose Downs or Chen in a waiver claim (I dont know why but they were). Its a moot point now because of the Downs "injury."
I was hoping they would DFA Downs. I don't know what the front office sees in him.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron