Rick & Morty

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
How did I miss this show? Just started watching this past week, and I'm only through maybe 6-7 episodes, but oh my goodness, it's great! Every time Rick opens his mouth, I just about die laughing, and not necessarily because of his dialogue. His cadence, and stammering, and his burps are just hilarious. This show has really picked up the animated Sci-Fi mantle recently dropped by Futurama. It's an amazing show.

• Agree
Reactions: BBHMagic

StratCY

Apr 22, 2011
Austin, TX
Love this show. I've only seen the first season, but it's fantastic. My favorite episode is the one where Rick is taken to trial by all the other ricks in the universe/other universes.

Reactions: isutrevman

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Love this show. I've only seen the first season, but it's fantastic. My favorite episode is the one where Rick is taken to trial by all the other ricks in the universe/other universes.

Haven't seen that one yet. I did really like the Anatomy Park episode. Lots of good science-y references that made me chuckle, like how the Hepatitis A monster was just vicious, and the Hep C monster was "just a good guy." Also, Rick's reason for Morty to be glad that he didn't end up dating Annie just floored me.

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
Yeah the best show on Adult Swim since Squidbillies started. Dan Harmon is a funny dude.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Yeah, by far one of the best shows they've put out in quite a while. I've seen it from the beginning and was pretty ticked that season 2 is already in the books. I was a little worried about it when I first saw the previews for it. By the original previews it looked like another Super Jail. It's references definitely run a lot deeper and the death scenes really aren't what they portrayed them to be on the original previews for the show.

I hope this one sticks around for a while. I haven't been this excited about a show since Frisky Dingo hit and that one only lasted 2 seasons.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Yeah, by far one of the best shows they've put out in quite a while. I've seen it from the beginning and was pretty ticked that season 2 is already in the books. I was a little worried about it when I first saw the previews for it. By the original previews it looked like another Super Jail. It's references definitely run a lot deeper and the death scenes really aren't what they portrayed them to be on the original previews for the show.

I hope this one sticks around for a while. I haven't been this excited about a show since Frisky Dingo hit and that one only lasted 2 seasons.

SuperJail is fine, but you're right, we don't need another one. That level of mindless ultra-violence is certainly a trip, and it requires a certain mood to enjoy. Rick & Morty is far superior, though.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
SuperJail is fine, but you're right, we don't need another one. That level of mindless ultra-violence is certainly a trip, and it requires a certain mood to enjoy. Rick & Morty is far superior, though.

Oh certainly Super Jail has it's place, I didn't mean to make it sound like the show wasn't decent. It's just that the way they previewed Rick & Morty before the first season made it look a lot more mindless than it was. The show is really good at digging into many issues of the world, all while making you laugh about it. Reminds me a lot of the early Simpsons. You don't ever feel like you are being preached to, but they've hit everything from racism to marriage counseling and had me in stitches the whole time.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Oh certainly Super Jail has it's place, I didn't mean to make it sound like the show wasn't decent. It's just that the way they previewed Rick & Morty before the first season made it look a lot more mindless than it was. The show is really good at digging into many issues of the world, all while making you laugh about it. Reminds me a lot of the early Simpsons. You don't ever feel like you are being preached to, but they've hit everything from racism to marriage counseling and had me in stitches the whole time.

It's not even just issues either. I just finished watching the episode with the Cronenbergs (great reference by the way) and it was cool, at the end, to see Morty's horror with the Deus Ex Machina ending. Yeah, they can just jump to a parallel universe, but they had to deal with the awfulness of seeing/burying their own corpses. A lot of sci-fi shows don't go into ramification stuff like that, or just touch on it lightly. Futurama did, and that's part of what made it a great show. Glad to see the Rick and Morty does too.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Rick and Morty with the April Fools surprise start to season 3! Did anyone else catch it?

I flipped it to adult swim, to watch an American Dad rerun, and much to my surprise, those sneaky devils dropped the first episode of Rick and Morty season 3 in its place!

Amazing. Picked right up where it left off. I won't spoil anything, but what a fantastic show.

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Yep watched it streaming on adultswim

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Love this show to death! Justin Roiland may have created and voiced both of the main characters but you can tell this show has Dan Harmon's fingerprints all over it. I've been watching since season 1 as well. Just saw the season 3 premiere on April Fools Day and loved it as well.

I think what I like most about this show is how it doesn't insult the intelligence of its audience. They could have easily made a R-rated Futurama type of show with just gratuitous violence and potty humor, but the amount of emotional and existential haymakers Rick and Morty has delivered to my psyche is astounding.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Love this show to death! Justin Roiland may have created and voiced both of the main characters but you can tell this show has Dan Harmon's fingerprints all over it. I've been watching since season 1 as well. Just saw the season 3 premiere on April Fools Day and loved it as well.

I think what I like most about this show is how it doesn't insult the intelligence of its audience. They could have easily made a R-rated Futurama type of show with just gratuitous violence and potty humor, but the amount of emotional and existential haymakers Rick and Morty has delivered to my psyche is astounding.

Yeah, the final scene in the season 3 premiere, Rick's rant about 9 seasons and McDonald's sezchwan sauce, was pretty staggering from a character development perspective. The whole episode Morty was trying to convince Summer that Rick wasn't a good guy(loved the Cronenberg callback), and then that happened. The show has always had a very surprising amount of depth, despite its zaniness, and it's good to see that continuing.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Rick and Morty is back!

Great episode last night. I loved that Morty named his giant arm "Armothy"

I'm going to have to rewatch it to catch a bunch of stuff that's I'm sure I missed.

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
Yeah, the final scene in the season 3 premiere, Rick's rant about 9 seasons and McDonald's sezchwan sauce, was pretty staggering from a character development perspective. The whole episode Morty was trying to convince Summer that Rick wasn't a good guy(loved the Cronenberg callback), and then that happened. The show has always had a very surprising amount of depth, despite its zaniness, and it's good to see that continuing.

McDonalds sent them a big bottle of the schezwan sauce.

Last nights episode was pretty good. I hope Jerry gets back on his feet.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
McDonalds sent them a big bottle of the schezwan sauce.

Last nights episode was pretty good. I hope Jerry gets back on his feet.

That's awesome that McDonalds did that. Love this show so much.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron