Recruits & Transfers

4theheckofit

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2013
According to his Instagram page, Griffith is going to wrestle one more year...

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I’ve seen some mentions of Michigan
Michigan can piss right off. He’s a Stanford grad, he’ll make plenty of money in his life. What would set him up better to make a run at the top of the podium in his last go round than training day in and day out with David?

Reactions: jkbuff98

Ocy Docy

Oct 26, 2018
According to his Instagram page, Griffith is going to wrestle one more year...
Griffith’s major is Science, Technology and Society.
Sounds like a perfect fit at THE Iowa State University of Science and Technology.

Reactions: 4theheckofit

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
Michigan can piss right off. He’s a Stanford grad, he’ll make plenty of money in his life. What would set him up better to make a run at the top of the podium in his last go round than training day in and day out with David?
as great as Carr is, Michigan has Amine there. Also has Ringer, M Amine, Pantaleo on the senior level. Unfortunately they’d be better from a training perspective as well.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: cyputz

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Carr, Griffith, Truax

as great as Carr is, Michigan has Amine there. Also has Ringer, M Amine, Pantaleo on the senior level. Unfortunately they’d be better from a training perspective as well.

giphy.gif

Cypacker

Mar 20, 2023
We need to get griffth or truax. Can we get both? I just think that’s unrealistic. But just think how Carr griffth and truax can all make themselves better

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
It does, but so does the 11 team titles and 34 individual ncaa champions under Cael.
I had mentioned many years ago that I felt one of the worst things to happen to collegiate wrestling was Iowa dominating it (not just because it was Iowa, I don’t think it’s good when any one team does). Hawkeye fans went nutty on me and said it was positive for the sport and brought people to it. Wonder if they believe the same now with Cael? I still think it’s not positive.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I had mentioned many years ago that I felt one of the worst things to happen to collegiate wrestling was Iowa dominating it (not just because it was Iowa, I don’t think it’s good when any one team does). Hawkeye fans went nutty on me and said it was positive for the sport and brought people to it. Wonder if they believe the same now with Cael? I still think it’s not positive.
Nah. Hawks fans are the world champs of mental gymnastics. Bending that one would be easy for them to make those two not the same.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
It might've been good for the sport, but that had more to do with the buffoonery of the Iowa coaches, wrestlers, and fans creating a villain. Penn State is all of the winning without all of the theatrics. In the big picture, I think a dynasty is probably a net positive for the sport, especially because it's Cael. That Gable/Sanderson storyline would be tough to write as fiction.

For the diehards, it has taken a lot of the drama out of the competition, which is where wrestling really excels. I'm not sure how you stop PSU at this point.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
It might've been good for the sport, but that had more to do with the buffoonery of the Iowa coaches, wrestlers, and fans creating a villain. Penn State is all of the winning without all of the theatrics. In the big picture, I think a dynasty is probably a net positive for the sport, especially because it's Cael. That Gable/Sanderson storyline would be tough to write as fiction.

For the diehards, it has taken a lot of the drama out of the competition, which is where wrestling really excels. I'm not sure how you stop PSU at this point.
It’s not good, long term, for the sport.

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY and jkbuff98