Recruiting plane

sogocat

Nov 15, 2009
Does ISU have available a large donar s private plane, if not this should be a priority.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
Two of them were mentioned today that brought Orr up from Florida and will take him back. Sukup is one. Can't remember the other. Seems like a stretch for those to be used for recruiting IMO.

Edit: Second plane that will transport Orr is the Baker family.

Last edited:

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Pretty sure it's now an NCAA violation to fly recruits on donors private planes.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Don't know about a private jet for recruiting, but CPR and Bobby Elliott flew to California on a regular jet (and not first class) to recruit juco players the day after Thanksgiving.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Guess I really don't understand the extreme need when its cheaper to buy a ticket for em to get here. I personally think you can use the money elsewhere that is more needing.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
Two of them were mentioned today that brought Orr up from Florida and will take him back. Sukup is one. Can't remember the other. Seems like a stretch for those to be used for recruiting IMO.

Edit: Second plane that will transport Orr is the Baker family.

Johnny Orr is so awesome it takes two planes to fly him from Florida.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I highly HIGHLY doubt they use private planes to fly on recruiting trips. That being said I don't know if or how much the university uses their plane. I have never seen one registered to ISU pop up on flightaware. If we are blocking our university plane on flightaware I guess they really don't want us to know where we are going.

There were numerous games of Kiah Stokes that could look at the Eastern Iowa Airport (Cedar Rapids) on flightaware and see several planes registered to universities that were transporting their coaches back and forth so they could be at practice go see her play then fly right back. That being said I didn't ever really see any for the coaches coming to see Harrison play.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Auburn had a nice looking plane they flew Chizik outta Ames on.

And ISU's got taken off flightaware during the Chizik coaching search IIRC.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
I highly HIGHLY doubt they use private planes to fly on recruiting trips. That being said I don't know if or how much the university uses their plane. I have never seen one registered to ISU pop up on flightaware. If we are blocking our university plane on flightaware I guess they really don't want us to know where we are going.

There were numerous games of Kiah Stokes that could look at the Eastern Iowa Airport (Cedar Rapids) on flightaware and see several planes registered to universities that were transporting their coaches back and forth so they could be at practice go see her play then fly right back. That being said I didn't ever really see any for the coaches coming to see Harrison play.

The University's plane is blocked on flightaware.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
That was an interesting part of The Pony Express (ESPN 30/30 on SMU). It described how, using alumni private planes, Ron Meyer went to thirty something Texas high school games in 1979, iirc.

Since Meyer was trying to lock up the state of Texas it made a lot of sense. CPR recruits from CA, Texas, Fla, and into the rust belt and we don't really need a plane for Iowa.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron