RECRUITING: Football commits

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
This season may end up selling itself to the recruits that are hoping to play early. We have already burned a fair amount of redshirts.

To most recruits this season should tell them a couple different things:

1. Come here and play early.
2. Our record this year isn't a real indication of the direction of the program, rather the direction it was already headed.

This staff has its work cut-out for them, but if they keep recruiting the way they have, things will eventually turn around.

• Agree
Reactions: Incyte

howellc33

Mar 18, 2012
Britt, IA
To most recruits this season should tell them a couple different things:

1. Come here and play early.
2. Our record this year isn't a real indication of the direction of the program, rather the direction it was already headed.

This staff has its work cut-out for them, but if they keep recruiting the way they have, things will eventually turn around.
Yep.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
dumb question but i was never a college athlete so i don't know.

do recruits really look at playing time vs being on a good team? would you rather start for the twins or be a reliever for the cubs if you had a choice?

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
dumb question but i was never a college athlete so i don't know.

do recruits really look at playing time vs being on a good team? would you rather start for the twins or be a reliever for the cubs if you had a choice?

I'd rather play personally, it has to be tough sitting on the sidelines for so long considering all these guys were the big man on campus in high school. Good news is these guys committed knowing we weren't good last few years, or ever.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I think early playing time is a factor for some kids but a lot of kids think they are good enough that they will get playing time regardless of who is there.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I think early playing time is a factor for some kids but a lot of kids think they are good enough that they will get playing time regardless of who is there.

I think the higher end kids we land (Kam White, Cordarrius Bailey, Chase Allen, etc) are smart enough to know that they probably wouldn't get a lot of playing right away at big time programs but know they can here

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
LMAO////we are competing with uni

This where you have to trust the coaches.
Iowa HS players are under recruited- there just isn't enough talent for P5 schools to spend a lot of time instate recruiting unless it is a high profile kid that blows up in summer camps.

Nagel is 6'6" and at DE provides good length. If he is athletic enough to be recruited at DE, then OL is also a possible position for Nagel.

There are many, many examples of 2 star Iowa HS kids that have been great players at Iowa, Iowa State and UNI.

Reactions: Cytasticlone

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron