Recruit Lists v2.0

sportsfreak77

May 1, 2011
Urbandale/Ames
No real idea. I suppose the players that have stated planned visits coming up would have the most potential. Jaylen Johnson and Austin Grandstaff.

I doubt Vaughn commits anywhere till next spring. (I feel he really likes the attention). Note: ESPN list ISU as the dark horse for his commitment in the recruitingbattles update yesterday, behind UNC and Kentucky.

Abu wants to commit sometime in the Fall, and has been mentioning ISU in recent updates recruiting him and Terrell hard. Fingures crossed we get a visit from both. Abu had one planned last year but it fell through.

Want more info on this kid, top 100 I believe. When is his visit?

Jaylen Johnson - Yahoo! Sports

4 Star top 100 according to rivals, but no schools listed...

sportsfreak77

May 1, 2011
Urbandale/Ames
Don't know much about the kid, besides the fact he's a big. Why don't you like him?

That's basically the reason. I don't think he would fit well in Fred's system. We rarely set up on the block. I would rather recruit 6'9 6'8 athletic big men with some defense, (Abu, Travis) Saw his highlights and wasn't impressed, very slow and only looked good, because he was tall and had little competition. Just my opinion.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
From a free rivals article:

Austin Grandstaff: If Grandstaff were playing quarterback, he would be described as a gunslinger type who is always looking for the deep ball. As a combo guard, that willingness to attack serves him well. He's proven himself as a top 50 player in 2015, and he is a capable playmaker off the dribble with good size. One thing he does well that mostyoungguards don't is he shoots just as well off the dribble andmove as he does spotted up with his feet set.

SDW Sr
Morris Sr
Thomas Sr
Custer Jr
Grandstaff So

Seems like a pretty bad *** guard court to me.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

ESPN recruiting update as of 6/4 for Jaylen. He is 62 on ESPN top 100. I think this kid has potential. I like ISU's chances due to pipeline Coach Mann has developed out of Michigan.

ESPN recruiting update as of 6/4 for Jaylen. No date given but I do expect a visit.
His coach, Scott Brooks, tells the web site that Johnson plans to visit ASU, Iowa State and Florida State, which are three of the schools that have been recruiting him the longest.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
So totally glad we got Custer, very happy about that, but now I'm looking forward and trying to see who is the next "likely/probable" commit? And honestly I have no clue! I'd like to see everyones opinion on who they want and who they think will commit. Out of Vaughn, Abu, Terrell, Cunningham, Moore, O'Mara (don't want), Macura, Travis, Zabo, Davis, Colson.

There is so much talent on the list of guys you have here and a lot of the guys have high interest in ISU. I wish we had more than just two scholarships open. I'd love to have like five of these guys but that just won't happen unfortunately.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
There is so much talent on the list of guys you have here and a lot of the guys have high interest in ISU. I wish we had more than just two scholarships open. I'd love to have like five of these guys but that just won't happen unfortunately.

Don't worry Fred will give a couple guys the boot.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
No real idea. I suppose the players that have stated planned visits coming up would have the most potential. Jaylen Johnson and Austin Grandstaff.

I doubt Vaughn commits anywhere till next spring. (I feel he really likes the attention). Note: ESPN list ISU as the dark horse for his commitment in the recruitingbattles update yesterday, behind UNC and Kentucky.

Abu wants to commit sometime in the Fall, and has been mentioning ISU in recent updates recruiting him and Terrell hard. Fingures crossed we get a visit from both. Abu had one planned last year but it fell through.

Josh Cunningham will be in Ames this weekend for the ISU basketball camp along with other 2014's JP Macura, Larry Dennis, and Marlon Jones according to the Ames Tribune. Cunningham has a scholarship offer but the other three do not.
ISU camp expected to feature many prospects | Ames Tribune

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa

Dorian's Pride, Johnson's AAU team, tweeted this the other day:

imagejpeg_2_normal.jpg
Dorian'sPride@DoriansPride
Defending National Champions, Louisville, will host one of the hottest players in America today, Jaylen Johnson. 6'9 2014, Ypsilanti High
https://twitter.com/DoriansPride/status/344887746072023040

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE

megamanxzero35

May 31, 2011
True. Or its pretty hard to really exactly rank guys 100-120

Probably this. It's easy to pick the best talent. They are a smaller pool. But as you work away from top players, the pool gets bigger.

Example

Tier 1 is 1-25
Tier 2 is 26-75
Tier 3 is 76-150

No doubt much harder to decide who is the 126th best player in a pool of 75.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Anyone heard anything about 2015 Jarvis Johnson? I know his name was popping up here and there last year.

Not much gets coverage about Jarvis. Either he plays it close to the vest, or the MN recruitniks are too busy covering the big 3. I'll bet we hear more after Jones/ Vaughn/ Travis commit.