Recruit List (Online Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

millerforrest

Jun 4, 2008
I realize we have a recruit list that was created and has been updated by madcityCY which I and I'm sure several others have enjoyed to look at. I've taken it one step further and have included a few additional features, including links to their profiles and the ability to link to highlights or important news and made it all available online (no more downloading to view).

It would be great to work with madcityCY along with all of you to keep it updated on a regular basis. This thread can also be used to request any changes or ideas to the current format, as well as give updates similar to the previous '12/'13 recruit thread.

I'm still working on some of the pages, but the 2012 has been completed with the only exception being the links of interest. Let me know what you think...

Iowa State Mens Basketball Recruiting List

EXCELLENT JOB & MUCHO THANKS!!!!

Mods, if you don't feel this needs it's own thread please merge with the ongoing...

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
Updated to add Torren Jones to the 2013 list...

ESPN appears to be re-doing their recruiting pages and don't have the current grade and rankings available on the pages (I'll add when available).

I know the list currently has ESPN & Rivals rankings and information; does anyone think it would be useful to add Scout in their as well?

I'm also working on the 'Latest News' section and will eventually add in some additional Twitter feeds for all to enjoy.

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
Willie Cauley trimed his list today. We were not listed. But anyways good work on the website! I have already bookmarked it.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Couple updates-

Austin Arians has committed to coach Rob Jeter and UW-Milwaukee.

Per Joey Natale (covers UConn/ C2C recruiting) we have been in touch with 2013 stud, Deonte Burton, along with a list of other schools. Thinking out loud: For such a big recruit, you seldom hear about Burton's recruitment... He must keep things close to the vest.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I've always heard that we sit well with Burton. Don't know if true. TJ is the connection. Burton is a beast although undersized (height) for his skill set.

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
Recruit Lists have been updated to include the commitment of Arians to UW-M and that Willie Cauley no longer indicates us as a potential.

Burton has been listed as 'shown interest' on the 2013 list so there is no update to the list there, but he would be a great get as would several on the 2013 list that we show interest in or have offered. With at least 5 scholarships likely available for that class it has the potential to be a great one depending upon our performance over the next year...

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Samuel's and Sheppard's visit has been postponed til next weekend because of the impending hurricane. Per Zach Braziller.

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
The Recruit Listings have been updated with some of the latest including:

• Bernardi now a verbal commit (VC) to SMU

• Included Blaise Mbargorba to the 2012 list (can anyone confirm a standing offer w/ him?)

• Included known dates for players known to be visiting
  • Updated 2012 Rivals rankings on all players

If anyone is aware of dates for other recruit visits please let me know and as always I'll continue to scour the boards to see if there is other information to be added. I'm also still working on a new 'Latest News' page that will include many more Twitter feeds...

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
The Recruit Listings have been updated with some of the latest including:

• Bernardi now a verbal commit (VC) to SMU

• Included Blaise Mbargorba to the 2012 list (can anyone confirm a standing offer w/ him?)

• Included known dates for players known to be visiting
  • Updated 2012 Rivals rankings on all players

If anyone is aware of dates for other recruit visits please let me know and as always I'll continue to scour the boards to see if there is other information to be added. I'm also still working on a new 'Latest News' page that will include many more Twitter feeds...

I don't have any dates you don't have, but will keep watch.

Not sure how your twitter widget works, but I have a list created already, can you just follow that list with your widget? I would be happy to separate lists per the website's needs if it works/ will save you time.

...the next step is to figure out how/ if you can follow a list. is it just a matter of making my list public? Any twitter experts??

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
Not sure how your twitter widget works, but I have a list created already, can you just follow that list with your widget? I would be happy to separate lists per the website's needs if it works/ will save you time.

...the next step is to figure out how/ if you can follow a list. is it just a matter of making my list public? Any twitter experts??

You can follow someones list via Twitter, simply use the url: twitter.com/@username/ListName

I will look into the idea of using your lists on the Twitter widget, I never thought of that and as long as it works I think it would be great. I can coordinate that with you via PM once I find out...

EDIT: madCityCy, could you PM me your Twitter name?

Also, I'm considering making a Twitter account for the site; I'll post any updates, etc. through there as well... Thoughts?

Last edited:

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
A twitter account would be great. I'd contribute what I could to pitching in snippets I see that y'all don't get here first.

Chris McCullough has said he has an offer from us. Not sure what criteria you are requiring for updates to the spreadsheet, but if a kid claiming an offer is good enough, this would probably suffice as evidence. (source: zagsblog article from July )

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Kuran Iverson trimmed his list of schools to 6. Not surprisingly, we are not one of them.

Listed: Syracuse, Louisville, Florida, UConn, Arizona, and Kentucky

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
Updated the listing to include offer on McCullough and also update Iverson as 'Not Listed'

I'm working on a Twitter account for the recruit list only; perhaps have another big update to the site this weekend or early next week.

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
You can now follow ISU Recruit Lists on Twitter: Twitter

Also, I've configured a new Latest News portion of the website that will hopefully make it a one-stop location for those of you who want the latest on recruiting news and other tweets from around Cyclone Nation.

As always, hit me up with any requests for the page(s) and all of the latest news...

agcy68

Feb 9, 2007
Iowa
I see the ISU commits are at the top and highlighted in Red. Can you put VC's of other schools at the bottom and highlight in grey?

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
I see the ISU commits are at the top and highlighted in Red. Can you put VC's of other schools at the bottom and highlight in grey?

I've been trying to figure out a way to separate them a bit better; I made a change that hopefully helps. Highlighted them in dark grey and changed font color to white.

Look good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron