Recruit List (Online Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
Really good job SvrWxCy, this is a great snapshot of our recruiting efforts. One piece of information that I would like in the first cell (A1) would be the amount of scholarships available for that year. Again, thank you for the effort.

Thanks... I'll address your issue regarding how many scholarships are opening, etc. with the next update to the website I do.

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
For those of you who are big on the latest twitter buzz regarding recruiting at Iowa State, what are some of the best people to follow?

Ideas are brewing in my head about another addition to the website that I'll hopefully have up next week, along with a few cosmetic touches...

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
Hope everyone enjoys this, check out the new version of the Recruiting Page:

ISU MBB Recruiting Page (Version 2.0)

Still looking for some of the top twitter users to follow for the nationwide recruiting scene that can be added to the 'News' page. I'm open to more ideas as well...

Note: Portions of Twitter seem to be down currently, so not all of the Twitter widget appears to be working at the moment.

Reactions: Wesley

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI

Still looking for some of the top twitter users to follow for the nationwide recruiting scene that can be added to the 'News' page. I'm open to more ideas as well...

Note: Portions of Twitter seem to be down currently, so not all of the Twitter widget appears to be working at the moment.

I will post a list of scouts/ recruiting reporters I follow later today/ tonight... Got chores my gf found for me to do this afternoon...

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI

Took a quick look at your newest version. BADASS! Particularly like the twitter widget. That will make stalking... err, I mean learning about these guys that much easier. Definitely think I can help you with some lists or search combos that I use to glean info. Check back tonight for my scouts list - will take me a bit of time to get it written down.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Twitter

"South Shore's Terrence Samuel will take a visit to Iowa State next weekend and will visit Pittsburgh, Penn State and VCU in September."

Braziller doesn't mention Shamiek Sheppard, but I would assume he will visit with Samuel, based off what they said earlier this summer. I suppose things could have changed though.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Michigan Recruiting Analysts:
Finley Fuller - @midmiprep Twitter
TJ Kelley @scoopIPS Twitter
Steve Schwanda @alleyesonhoops Twitter
Jay W. Jensen @MichPrepStars Twitter
Next Generations Sports @NGSports Twitter

Wisconsin Recruiting Analysts:
Travis Wilson @travisWSN Twitter
Mark Miller @WisBBYearbook Twitter

New York, Northeast/ East Coast Recruiting Analysts:
Zach Braziller @NYPost_Brazille Twitter
Adam Finkelstein @FinkelsteinNERR Twitter
New England Bball blog @hooprootz Twitter
Josh Paunil @JoshPaunilNRS Twitter
NYCHoops.net @NYCHoops Twitter
5starbasketball.com @5starbasketball Twitter
Ray Anczelowicz @GothamHoops Twitter

Canada Recruiting Analysts
Barry Hayes @hoopstarcanada Twitter
Nolan Shulman @nolanshulman Twitter

National Recruiting Analysts/ Writers:
Jeff Goodman @GoodmanCBS Twitter
N.D. Kendrick @HoopsWindow Twitter
CBS College BBall @EyeOnCBB Twitter
Gary Parrish @GaryParrishCBS Twitter
Jeff Borzello @jeffborzello Twitter
Alex Kline @TheRecruitScoop Twitter
DeAnte Mitchell @CollegiateHoops Twitter
Brad Winton @JucoRecruiting Twitter
Joe Davis @scoutsfocus Twitter
Eric Bossi (Rivals) @ebosshoops Twitter

Last edited:

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
I keep saved searches of:

"Iowa State"
"Iowa State + offer"
"Iowa State + offered"
"Iowa State + offers"
"Iowa St"
"Fred Hoiberg"
(sometimes it will be tweeted that "Fred Hoiberg" has watched, offered, etc. ______ recruit, not naming Iowa State - therefore not being caught by Iowa State searches)
"Cyclones"
all top recruits. example: "Tyler Ennis"

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
Holy $h!t madcityCY... I'll have to work on something on the 'Latest News' page as I don't know if I want to throw that many widgets onto one page, it would likely cause some problems.

Perhaps I'll split it up into four sections; local, midwest/Canada, East Coast & National...

Thanks for the list though!

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
Added 2013 prospect Kahlil Felder Jr. to the list, Iowa State has shown interest according to his AAU coach. Felder is on the same AAU team as current 2013 offer Martez Walker...

The updated recruit list also has a link to his latest highlight video...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzcVURAqvoE]Kahlil Felder Jr. Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Added 2013 prospect Kahlil Felder Jr. to the list, Iowa State has shown interest according to his AAU coach. Felder is on the same AAU team as current 2013 offer Martez Walker...

The updated recruit list also has a link to his latest highlight video...

Kahlil Felder Jr. Highlights - YouTube

Impressive video, I love seeing a lot of quality clips from single games. Very good on the dribble, getting himself in position, and drawing extra defenders with a nice dish for the finish. Seems to know when it is best for him to shoot or pass and is talented finishing inside for a little guy.

Last edited:

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
I won't either but he says we're one of 5 schools that standout to him so far. So, at least we have a chance even if it is a small one.

SvrWxCy

Aug 6, 2010
Kansas
www.recruitlists.com
Too just be listed as a school that stands out to some of these guys is impressive thus far, especially for the lack of results (so far). We make some waves over the next year or two and we could definitely be in the hunt for these recruits!

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Defintely interesting that we "stand out" yet we are neither "close to home," or a "good east coast school."

Good find gocubs.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
Evan Daniels of Scout released Top 25 rankings overall and by position for 2014 players. ISU recruits/ players of note:

Tyus Jones ranks as the #2 PG
Conrad Chambers is listed at PG, but not yet given a rank. I take this as he is assumed to be pretty good, but not in the 10 that Scout ranked.
Wayne Seldon, while not a known ISU recruit, is ranked as the #1 SG. I listed him as a player of note - we are all acquainted with BABC and Tilton now...
Rashad Vaughn is ranked as the #6 SG
Chris McCullough is the #3 PF
Abdul Malik-Abu is listed amongst the 25, but not yet given a rank.

Overall, McCullough, Jones and Seldon are all given 5 stars.

Scout.com: Men's Basketball Recruiting

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
A few more recruiting analysts to follow:

East Coast:
Adam Zagoria - Knicks and Big East BBall, Zagsblog.com @AdamZagoria Twitter
Ben W./ Derrick N. Heardthisblog.com A-10 bball @heardthisblog Twitter

National:
Evan Daniels SCOUT @EvanDanielscout Twitter
Dave Telep ESPN @DaveTelep Twitter

Status