Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Hahaha their isn’t a right answer for your Rutgers comparison. Does anyone actually think Rutgers is good at basketball or have they just lucked their way into the dance during a couple down years for the conference? And the other teams you mentioned are no longer relevant so maybe they improved joining the big east but are now no longer part of the narrative.

Rutgers was in the Big East 18 years and had 0 winning conference records. They're looking at their 3rd in 4 years now. I mean I knew the B10 was bad, but I didn't realize it was that terrible.

Kinda kidding...I know how bad it is, that's why I clean up gambling fading B10 teams every NCAA tournament.

Reactions: FriendlySpartan

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Rutgers was in the Big East 18 years and had 0 winning conference records. They're looking at their 3rd in 4 years now. I mean I knew the B10 was bad, but I didn't realize it was that terrible.

Kinda kidding...I know how bad it is, that's why I clean up gambling fading B10 teams every NCAA tournament.
Very smart gambling move. The big ten has been very bad the past 3 seasons.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
Cinci hasn’t been relevant in a long time, neither has BYU. Just because someone once was great doesn’t mean they will be again. Just look at Syracuse, Georgetown, Pitt, etc in basketball. Also we have yet to see a school change conferences and improve.

That's a little harsh. Cincy has made the tourney 9 times since 2010. BYU has 6 tourney appearances since 2010.

Cincy is a middle of the pack team in the Big 12 moving forward. BYU is likely behind them but not some scrub.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
That's a little harsh. Cincy has made the tourney 9 times since 2010. BYU has 6 tourney appearances since 2010.

Cincy is a middle of the pack team in the Big 12 moving forward. BYU is likely behind them but not some scrub.
I guess I have a different definition of relevant. Out of those 9 appearances they made it out of the first weekend once. Anyone can make the tournament but actually doing something in it is what matters, just look at Iowa.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I guess I have a different definition of relevant. Out of those 9 appearances they made it out of the first weekend once. Anyone can make the tournament but actually doing something in it is what matters, just look at Iowa.
Iowa fans tell us it’s better to win the NIT than make the NCAA and lose. So they aren’t normal.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019

Clearly.

Making the tourney means you're in the top 19% of college basketball. That seems relevant to me.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Clearly.

Making the tourney means you're in the top 19% of college basketball. That seems relevant to me.
Or it means you got lucky in your conference tournament, or you played in a super easy conference. Its still 68 teams getting in, that 19% just looks better because almost every D1 school can afford to run a basketball program.

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
The Big 8 was a definite boost to SWC leftovers in BB. Then TX became a festering sore. Wish TX had gone independent.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
TCU has improved radically by joining the #1 basketball conference for the past decade. Stepped up from probably 8th best conference to #1 and to the point you can call them a good program with a great coach.

They should have been a 5-6 seed last year (committee finally starting to realize Big 12 is usually 90% deep) and gave #1 Arizona all they could handle in OT, way underseeded.

They'd probably be winning any other conference in the nation and are one game back in top conference at half way point.

Nebraska was the worst major conference program in NCAA history and continues to be after changing conferences. I think it's more about them than the Big Ten or Big 12.
I'd also put Xavier up as well

• Agree
Reactions: HFCS

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Without Jay Wright they are. They are 7th in the big east with no recruiting talent coming in, their class is ranked 120th
Rollie Massimino says "hi".

They have history and a good location, just need the right coach. Not unlike a ton of other schools. It's all about having the right coach.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I said they weren’t relevant. Do you think they would have more then 3 wins in the Big12 this year? I don’t. That’s the definition of a doormat

If I am the Cincinnati AD, would be happy with what Wes Miller has done 2 years in. They are 15-8 overall (Non-con losses to Arizona, Ohio State & Xavier) and 6-4 in the AAC with losses to the top 3 teams: Houston(2x), Temple & Memphis. They might be on the outside of the NCAA Tournament bubble, but their AAC schedule difficulty has been front end loaded.

Have no idea if they can become a solid Big12 team, but they have a good tradition, hot young coach and good area to recruit.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Without Jay Wright they are. They are 7th in the big east with no recruiting talent coming in, their class is ranked 120th
I think its way too soon to slap that label on what was just a perrinial late weekend tournament team. I think Neptune sucks and wont last long but 1 bad season doesnt undo everything Nova has been
Does DePaul still play basketball?

Capture the Chicago market and whatnot
Yes, but very, very poorly.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
I think its way too soon to slap that label on what was just a perrinial late weekend tournament team. I think Neptune sucks and wont last long but 1 bad season doesnt undo everything Nova has been

Yes, but very, very poorly.
It doesn’t undo it all for sure. But when you replace a coach like Wright with the current guy you are going to have a problem if it goes on for a couple years. Just look at how irrelevant Georgetown is.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron