Realignment Megathread (All The Moves)

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
OMG, that is insane if true.

If ASU ends up in Big 12 they're the luckiest SOBs in all of conference realignment history for ASKING to be in MWC and ending up in B12.
Seems time for a new prez. Nothing like a little adversity to show you that leadership isn’t up for the job.

Reactions: HFCS and aauummm

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I think we can now assume here it is for awhile. Rebrand it as the New Mexico Stranglers Conference.
https%3A%2F%2Fpbs.substack.com%2Fmedia%2FFWq7U3XWIAIMC1r.jpg

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Monty just mentioned on his show that all 9 presidents did indeed show up to the meeting this morning. They started to dive into numbers and then presented the GOR. Oregon spoke up first and told everyone they were leaving. Everyone else then took a vote and only ASU (Crow) and Wash St were ready to sign.

Didn't the clown PAC writers say the GOR was already agreed upon.

Clown show out of the PAC writers. Just a joke of a performance

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Do we really need ASU? Pull the offer. I guarantee every other school takes you seriously after that.
ASU is a much better add than Utah. Enrollment, bigger tv market, 2x state population. Switch their football coaches the past 10 years and we arent even talking abt Utah AT ALL.

People are mad at ASU because of one guy Crow. Everyone else there has wanted Big12 as much as AZ.

Imho the real question is Utah vs UConn. Honestly i would go for UConn. But i dont think thats what will happen.

• Agree
Reactions: FerShizzle

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Please don't add Washington State and Oregon State. They're on the same level as Colorado State when it comes to football.
Good, we need wins. We need some bottom feeders. If it means we make a couple million less per year so be it. I'm done with basing every decision on making a few more bucks in the short term. Gives BYU, Utah and Colorado some more "regional" games too.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Yeah, adding OSU and WSU would come back to bite the Big12 in the next contract cycle. There is a reason that the Pac couldn't get a contract this time and OSU and WSU are two of the reasons why. Adding them devalues the B12 as a whole.
I tend to agree. WSU & OSU's 2024 value isn't close to the $31.7M the Big's new deal is to pay. It wouldn't surprise me if their media valuations are closer to $15M each.

Like I mentioned earlier, the CFP money could be $22M/P4 school starting in 2026. It could be more for P4 depending if G5 schools get a smaller % (but more $) than currently.

What if OSU/WSU said we'll join the Big12 at a discount forever! Whatever valuation a media consultant establishes, will be their share of the media rights pie. My guess is the $ would be 3-4x what they would get in MWC.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
ASU is a much better add than Utah. Enrollment, bigger tv market, 2x state population. Switch their football coaches the past 10 years and we arent even talking abt Utah AT ALL.

People are mad at ASU because of one guy Crow. Everyone else there has wanted Big12 as much as AZ.

Imho the real question is Utah vs UConn. Honestly i would go for UConn. But i dont think thats what will happen.
I don’t think we need Utah either FWIW

Help Support Us

Become a patron