Random Thoughts XII - This Thread Delivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Well that was ugly. Went for first run since April. Well, actually more like really slow jogging than running, dat for sure. Old man asthmatic lungs were kinda pissed off at 10 minutes in, did not like the cold damp air. They like hot weather biking WAY better. Anyway, 32 minutes, did not die. Will try again in a couple days.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Met the Boxer I was talking about a couple weeks ago. He is the sweetest dog, had no problem with the gf or myself. Biggest problem qas him and Sadie didnt get along very well. Were fighting a couple times. Took them for a walk, they calmed down and were at least getting along.

Might swing back by tomorrow to see if they get along better. But, Im not holding my breath, sounds like I won't be getting him. I really qant him though l, just dont want to put him through this again.

I wasnt expecting this, Sadie hasnt met a dog she doesnt like, really surprised she acted the way she did.

Reactions: dirtyninety

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I believe that I just imagined the worst basketball thread ever, but it would have so much gold.

Title would be "Why can't Fred use his buyout to buy out Prohm's contract and come back?"
Can get in things like it'll show he really loved us all along and all kinds of cool stuff.
I like prohm better from a coaching standpoint.

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
Anybody have any good Christmas Eve dinner ideas?

For the past five years or so my younger brother and I have been cooking Christmas Eve dinner (it's just my parents and my brother at this point). We keep it fairly low key, but my brother and I always like to try something new/interesting. We've done surf & turf a couple of times, did a reverse seared pork chops last year, and are just trying to come up with something mildly interesting for this year.

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
I believe that I just imagined the worst basketball thread ever, but it would have so much gold.

Title would be "Why can't Fred use his buyout to buy out Prohm's contract and come back?"
Can get in things like it'll show he really loved us all along and all kinds of cool stuff.

Make sure you let CW and the rest of the CF staff know before you do so they can either a) let their hosting company know about the extra bandwidth they need or b) just shut down the server for a couple of days. A thread like that might set a record for most number of bans issued in a single day.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Make sure you let CW and the rest of the CF staff know before you do so they can either a) let their hosting company know about the extra bandwidth they need or b) just shut down the server for a couple of days. A thread like that might set a record for most number of bans issued in a single day.

Wouldn't giving them a warning defeat the purpose of such a mega-troll effort?

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center

Might need to start this thread, sounds like a fun way to spend the night.

• Funny
Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

For the past five years or so my younger brother and I have been cooking Christmas Eve dinner (it's just my parents and my brother at this point). We keep it fairly low key, but my brother and I always like to try something new/interesting. We've done surf & turf a couple of times, did a reverse seared pork chops last year, and are just trying to come up with something mildly interesting for this year.

Prime rib?

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012

Egg Nogg diet. lots of brandy. It works....I lost 3 pounds.

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee and NWICY

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin

My family just does appetizers/party food.

Reactions: dirtyninety

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I find myself getting off grid more often.....I am probably about 2 years from Marlon Brando Tahiti type stuff. Maybe he went there to escape law...I don't know.
Anyway, really looking forward to the Chinese dark side of the moon expedition to blow your minds. Freaking aliens confirmed. I hope aliens are less boring than most people from West Des Moines.

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I'm also seeing a disturbing number of drivers who have some sort of front light on (driving lights or even headlights) but absolutely no tail lights whatsoever. How can your headlights be on with no taillights?

Sons blazer has headlights on ALL the time. Sometimes forgets to hit on switch then.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
They’re not always running lights - like a big old truck this morning with tiny little orange lights on front about a foot from the ground. Parking lights, anyone? Just turn the darn headlights on.

Two things. Morons who leave fog lights on all the time. All they do is blind drivers when no fog around. If you have a full trunk, pickup bed, or several large people in your back seat, your dims are now brights.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Saw an ISU plate today that said "7EVEN"

All I could think of.

43vIysz.gif

Reactions: SCyclone

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames

My side of the family does soup Christmas Eve. Clam chowder, Italian wedding soup/meatball soup, ham and cheese, chicken wild rice with bacon—lots of possibilities. Serve with some nice bread. I used to do that with our own family, but realized I am the only one who likes soup. Now I do our favorite meatballs that are in a white sauce and served over rice. And ever since we had a foreign exchange student at my parents 26 years ago, we do rice pudding Christmas Eve. She was from Finland and that was her one request for Christmas Eve.

Status
Not open for further replies.