Random Thoughts XII - This Thread Delivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
KC sorry I missed you and Lew at the game didn't see where you were until after I got home.

Great day in Ames today, I bet the stands were 80% gold, weather was awesome, tailgating was good caught up with some friends from up home at the tailgate. VB could have ended better but the 4th set was fun. Good seeing fellow RTTr's Pants & Boxster.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
My biggest issue at ISU games is fans just have no idea when to cheer or how to cheer. Like, any time we’re on defense inside ours or the opponent’s 20 yard line, you make noise on every down, now just third down. There was one point we had them pinned deep inside the 10 and I swear to God I was the only person in the stadium making noise. I even said it to @BoxsterCy. And you don’t start making noise right before the offense snaps the ball. You should be doing it as soon as the end of the previous play ended. The whole point is to make it chaos for the offense. Make it hard for them to get the play, make it hard for them to adjust the play, make it hard for them to hear the snap count. If you start making noise right before the snap, it’s ******* pointless.

Also, if you don’t really understand football, that’s fine! No shame! You can just enjoy the game. But don’t sit there and say **** all game long that makes it blatantly obvious that you don’t know what you’re talking about.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Sat on the floor helping Z do something. She was standing up, and I noticed (finally) that she's taller than me in that scenario now.
Kid's growing up. Nobody authorized that.
I hear ya...half of my grandkids are taller than me now when standing up. I know it doesn't take much since I'm 5'1"...but still!
Wondering when the first great-grandkid will come along...the oldest granddaughter will be 24 next month. Eeep!

• Friendly
Reactions: cyrevkah

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
My biggest issue at ISU games is fans just have no idea when to cheer or how to cheer. Like, any time we’re on defense inside ours or the opponent’s 20 yard line, you make noise on every down, now just third down. There was one point we had them pinned deep inside the 10 and I swear to God I was the only person in the stadium making noise. I even said it to @BoxsterCy. And you don’t start making noise right before the offense snaps the ball. You should be doing it as soon as the end of the previous play ended. The whole point is to make it chaos for the offense. Make it hard for them to get the play, make it hard for them to adjust the play, make it hard for them to hear the snap count. If you start making noise right before the snap, it’s ******* pointless.

Also, if you don’t really understand football, that’s fine! No shame! You can just enjoy the game. But don’t sit there and say **** all game long that makes it blatantly obvious that you don’t know what you’re talking about.
Clearly you were not sitting near me, or you wouldn't have thought you were the only one making noise. :D
We were laughing at this guy behind us who kept hollering what he thought their play was going to be (PASS - they're PASSING!) like the D could hear him and react appropriately. Except for the times when there was a guy clearly running the ball...and it was the QB...and there were no receivers downfield...

• Funny
Reactions: SCyclone

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Clearly you were not sitting near me, or you wouldn't have thought you were the only one making noise. :D
We were laughing at this guy behind us who kept hollering what he thought their play was going to be (PASS - they're PASSING!) like the D could hear him and react appropriately. Except for the times when there was a guy clearly running the ball...and it was the QB...and there were no receivers downfield...

I swear to god on three different occasions the woman behind me said “why aren’t they kicking a field goal?” and it was like second or third down.

• Funny
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
people who live in Nebraska (so @Cyclones_R_GR8 and others) does Nebraska have a call in show after their football games and if so do you know what channel? Becuse I want to here if there's a meltdown today

UPDATE: I FOUND IT.

And 1st caller says he's done and will not be going to any more games because he can't take it anymore. The announcers just called him a bandwagon fan (which he is).

And yes, I am an *******

edit #2: Second fan sounds like he's done and said "it's hard" and "where's the hope?"

Do they have a post game?

DO THEY HAVE A POSTGAME!?!?!
(Okay, you asked about a call in part)

5 hours of pregame, and I think 6 hours of post.

I not only at one time ran the pregame show at an affiliate, but scheduled all the gersh dern commercials (traffic director) at a different affiliate.

[Posted from TOE media room underneath Kinnick]

Reactions: WooBadger18

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Do they have a post game?
DO THEY HAVE A POSTGAME!?!?!
(Okay, you asked about a call in part)
5 hours of pregame, and I think 6 hours of post.
I not only at one time ran the pregame show at an affiliate, but scheduled all the gersh dern commercials (traffic director) at a different affiliate.
[Posted from TOE media room underneath Kinnick]
Hope you enjoyed the HELL outta that game, Sara!!!

Reactions: WooBadger18
Status
Not open for further replies.