Random Thoughts XI (Eleven Pipers Piping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Ugh! I'm so sorry! I've never had it, but from everything I've heard, it's agonizing. :(

It really does suck. I was worried it was a hairline fracture in my heel or something until I looked up plantar fasciitis. Then I was 99% sure it was that. The worst is after you are off it for a while and stand up, it's all tight and I can barely walk on that foot.

Also it kills after a few hours standing on it, especially while umpiring. And I'm umpiring about 10 hours straight on Sunday.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Over half of his DVR recordings are ISU names he has saved.

Who still has November 18, 2011, still on their DVR?

giphy-1.gif

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Mine is a semi rigid lump/bump/thing on the top of my arm just above my wrist. Slight pain to the touch/when pressure is applied but very bearable. I have not hit it or injured it that I have noticed so it is just kind of odd.

I just had a cyst removed from my shoulder. It was basically a giant zit under the skin. It had been there for a couple years, but it only started to hurt the last few days.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I just had a cyst removed from my shoulder. It was basically a giant zit under the skin. It had been there for a couple years, but it only started to hurt the last few days.

I have had a couple removed from my head. Also pretty sure I had one in my cheek in high school that I was somehow able to pop/drain like a zit.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I have had a couple removed from my head. Also pretty sure I had one in my cheek in high school that I was somehow able to pop/drain like a zit.

I have a cyst on my right arm that just bothers me that it’s there. I took a sharp hunting knife to it and tried cutting it out. On right arm so accuracy was a little tough. After enough blood where I couldn’t see what I was doing I quit and gave up. Poured a bunch of hydrogen peroxide on it but it still survived.

• Informative
Reactions: jcyclonee

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Mine is a semi rigid lump/bump/thing on the top of my arm just above my wrist. Slight pain to the touch/when pressure is applied but very bearable. I have not hit it or injured it that I have noticed so it is just kind of odd.

Did Ganglion cyst ever come up on the Dr. Google? That is what it sounds like. You can try hitting it really hard with a book to break it up.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Sounds like a slightly torn muscle or tendon that is inflamed. 1) take some ibruprphren. 2) ice it for 15 minutes, 15 off, 10 back On. 3) stop doing what caused it so often, or at least use the other arm until it’s better.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Based off of ze Google I don't think it would be Gout as I don't have pain unless I push on it or bump.

I suffered from gout for years until my doctor put me on Allopurinol. Haven't had an episode since. But I can confirm that gout is extremely painful, to the point where I couldn't sleep. Uric acid crystallizes in a joint (most often, the big toe) and swells and becomes red and shiny. And it hurts like hell. NSAIDs can't even take the edge off that pain, at least for me - and I have an extremely high pain threshold.

I wouldn't wish gout on anyone.

Well, maybe tRump.

Reactions: wxman1

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Doctor said he was surprised because he was able to pull the capsule out so he said it probably won't come back now. Usually you can't get the capsule out so they come back.

Reactions: NWICY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron