Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
got our pics all printed...........that car mountain canvas has been a PITA. Or maybe I'm too picky.

Naaaah. So, everything else we got were prints. Beautiful, very happy with them. Getting frames and dealing with the super glary glass, another story. But the prints are great.

Canvas shows up and it's like.........hazy and overly brown. Like, below how the top left looks kinda hazy like the light is glaring or there's fog? That's really what it looked like. Most of the green is gone. So we call and they are like yep, think there was a printer problem, we'll redo. I'm like super, should have it by party time.

New one arrived yesterday. Opened and there's a small puncture hole and now it's..........orange. The haze is gone and the picture is much clearer, but it's way orange. Not sure if it's over-saturated or they cranked the contrast or what. I'm like, wtf and what do we do now? Found last night that a local camera place can do canvases and so going to try them instead. Talked to customer service and they didn't even question me on the 2nd one being orange. Mentioned something about internal problems right now with canvas screens. So that makes me feel better like I'm not just being a complete PITA, they really are having issues. They do want me to package them for pickup though, which is totally fine cause I had no idea what to do with two large canvas prints like that.

Now to hope the local company has no issues with coloring and can having it ready by Friday. I told them to call if they see any issue with the coloring that they think won't replicate well.

Now if I could find dark brown 8x12 photo frames.......

hazy brown
19QcYuD.jpg

original image
oT4ZbLY.jpg

2nd try, orange glory
0HvAUJd.jpg

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
maybe, Idk? We have a sunset we got on canvas and it just looks nice. Matte surface and you don't need a frame or glass for it. Thought this one would look nice too.

I really like the look of the pictures on canvas. They are a lot easier to hang to without the extra weight of the frame and glass. Friends of ours have a number of them on a brick wall in their house and it looks pretty bad-ass. We have a few that we need to get done, but I'm biding my time waiting for a good Groupon deal.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I really like the look of the pictures on canvas. They are a lot easier to hang to without the extra weight of the frame and glass. Friends of ours have a number of them on a brick wall in their house and it looks pretty bad-ass. We have a few that we need to get done, but I'm biding my time waiting for a good Groupon deal.

yeah, I think they look nice. Have a wedding photo we'd like to get done as one at some point.

We just realized though that we'll have to see what this one has for hangers, probably don't want it on the angled ones the other frames are going on.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I know a guy that does photo printing on stainless steel. I wonder if he does canvas as well.

Also very cool.

Another friend of mine has a series of smaller stainless steel photos put together mosaic-style. I really have no idea what it must have cost, but it looks really really good.

...I'm slowly beginning to realize that I am probably the least artistic of my friends.... by a mile.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Also very cool.

Another friend of mine has a series of smaller stainless steel photos put together mosaic-style. I really have no idea what it must have cost, but it looks really really good.

...I'm slowly beginning to realize that I am probably the least artistic of my friends.... by a mile.
Every once in a while I see he posts his work on facebook but for some reason this is the only sample of his of the stainless steel printings. It's not as cool as other work he has done.
Steel.jpg

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Every once in a while I see he posts his work on facebook but for some reason this is the only sample of his of the stainless steel printings. It's not as cool as other work he has done.
View attachment 48932

Yeah, that doesn't quite match some of the cool things you can do with the medium.

Somewhat related: There used to be a small shop I loved to go to here in KC. The guys would do all sorts of art with blown glass and stainless steel. They also made custom guitars. It was a really random store, but they had crazy talent. If it was in more of an artistic neighborhood, they would have made a killing, but they picked a horrible location with no foot traffic.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
is that similar to metal prints then? We got a couple of those after Montreal, seem to work very nicely with bright, high contrast colors.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
is that similar to metal prints then? We got a couple of those after Montreal, seem to work very nicely with bright, high contrast colors.
I'm not sure of any details. I have only seen the pictures he posts, never the actual product

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Yeah, that doesn't quite match some of the cool things you can do with the medium.

Somewhat related: There used to be a small shop I loved to go to here in KC. The guys would do all sorts of art with blown glass and stainless steel. They also made custom guitars. It was a really random store, but they had crazy talent. If it was in more of an artistic neighborhood, they would have made a killing, but they picked a horrible location with no foot traffic.
This is pretty much the extent of my artistic ability
IMAG0165.jpg

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Shout out to @BCClone , it was great to meet you today. Great visiting and good food at the church stand, hope sales went well. On to Charles City! Hope to start a little earlier and get done ahead of the rain (afternoon prediction now).

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Shout out to @BCClone , it was great to meet you today. Great visiting and good food at the church stand, hope sales went well. On to Charles City! Hope to start a little earlier and get done ahead of the rain (afternoon prediction now).

Make sure to say hi to @Bret44 , he's in Charles City now.

Although I think he's busy with assigning swine pens for the state fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron