Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Thankfully done there when I heard mullet saying he was getting a colonoscopy and then what sounded like accent telling mullet that he gave himself a colonoscopy. I didn't want to hear the remainder of that.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
he gave himself a colonoscopy
scared-child.jpg

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: NWICY and BCClone

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I'll stop complaining about my minor 20 foot limb now

ioEj6cfnfbYam4GFTra1kGJcgce_9HF7_OFSBPj9p6ZTxgh54vhtQhdb5prbT5YGgLxmj0v8U3hfjSxxkGy5Vfd0fKIgIjYMbi4iTysTUTIcFDA5LfkPpOaOLqJJk_XiD0ir5GtPX7XblJ0rbP-7Qa8Z3P-uQ9VnO5OrVjKLItPbTlu6WwhptrYfY-nto4peY_dK-j5RyQnMv84=s0-d-e1-ft

Tree crushes vehicles, 82nd Terrace and Lamar
SOURCE: KMBC-TV

KANSAS CITY, Mo. —
Thousands of residents across the Kansas City metro were still without power on Monday morning as the cleanup continued from Saturday night's severe storms.

Approximately 20,000 KCP&L customers and 6,300 Kansas City BPU customers were still in the dark. KCP&L said they hoped to get most of their customers online today.

Saturday night's storms brought 70+ MPH winds that took down large trees and limbs. Several communities in Johnson County, Kansas were hit particularly hard, including Overland Park, Prairie Village, Mission and others.

A large tree crushed two vehicles and cut power to a home near the corner of 82nd Terrace and Lamar in Overland Park. There were several other trees and branches down along this stretch of Lamar.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

ioEj6cfnfbYam4GFTra1kGJcgce_9HF7_OFSBPj9p6ZTxgh54vhtQhdb5prbT5YGgLxmj0v8U3hfjSxxkGy5Vfd0fKIgIjYMbi4iTysTUTIcFDA5LfkPpOaOLqJJk_XiD0ir5GtPX7XblJ0rbP-7Qa8Z3P-uQ9VnO5OrVjKLItPbTlu6WwhptrYfY-nto4peY_dK-j5RyQnMv84=s0-d-e1-ft

KANSAS CITY, Mo. —
Thousands of residents across the Kansas City metro were still without power on Monday morning as the cleanup continued from Saturday night's severe storms.

Approximately 20,000 KCP&L customers and 6,300 Kansas City BPU customers were still in the dark. KCP&L said they hoped to get most of their customers online today.

Saturday night's storms brought 70+ MPH winds that took down large trees and limbs. Several communities in Johnson County, Kansas were hit particularly hard, including Overland Park, Prairie Village, Mission and others.

A large tree crushed two vehicles and cut power to a home near the corner of 82nd Terrace and Lamar in Overland Park. There were several other trees and branches down along this stretch of Lamar.
Seeing how the wife gets both garage spots and now two kids take the two extra drive spots (if you park right you can still get everything out of the garage) and I'm forced into the street, I'd be smirking at the wife and kids being stranded if this was us.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

KANSAS CITY, Mo. —

Many years ago I was working overtime at night when a storm came through. A tree from across the street went down across the street into my yard right where I normally parked. It wasn't as big as that but it still would have done some significant damage.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Many years ago I was working overtime at night when a storm came through. A tree from across the street went down across the street into my yard right where I normally parked. It wasn't as big as that but it still would have done some significant damage.
OT at night???? I thought you worked 24/7 and just slept on a cot in your office.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
ISU softball coach heading to Minnesota. She is a MN native, and that program is stronger than ours but hurts to lose her after one year.

• Dislike
Reactions: BCClone

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Storms hit KC hard this weekend. I woke up yesterday to a 20 foot (foot and a half diameter) limb down. Nothing but a couple solar lights damaged, but that was about 5 hours worth of cleanup I could have done without.

We lost power for a few moments Saturday night, but we were pretty lucky. There are still around 30,000 people without power this morning.

On the positive side, I watched the US and Sporting KC's soccer games and watched Hacksaw Ridge finally. I'm not a really big war-movie guy, but that was a solid flick.

Glad your storm damage wasn't worse. Got to see Hacksaw Ridge this weekend also, agree good movie. Also saw Camp Nowhere just a dumb, fun late 80's early 90's (?) flick. Mindless but harmless fun movie.

Reactions: coolerifyoudid

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin

KANSAS CITY, Mo. —

Well Frank, it looks like their car was...(•_•) ( •_•)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)... truncated.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
We rented a suite at a minor league baseball game. The team's director of sales was a good friend of my sister from high school. I have an uncomfortable number of random connections in Lincoln.

Somebody went to a Saltdogs game...

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
No matter how bad working RAGBRAI may seem tomorrow, I will just remember my sons job. The wrestling team gets to handle the porta potty duties.

Omaha Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 1, 2007
www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com
It's been so long since I have been to Adventureland. What do they have for toddlers?

They have at least a handful of rides that parents can accompany them on, and a few rides that they can go on alone...such as the semi truck convoy ride, which your child can sit in the front of the truck and is fully enclosed. There's also boats and some other ride that just a circle, and not too fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.