Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
My cousin-in-law and a younger friend of mine tend to share a lot of posts & videos from Humane Society/ARL/Shelter Angels sources. Some make me want to cry, some just make my blood boil. Some @!*%_*@Y#& put a lit firecracker in a dog's mouth...because it was a pitbull.

Sometimes people suck.
People always suck, fundamentally. But there are moments of hope and non-suckiness, which we all should live for and promote!

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
@NWICY I wish we would have been on the other end of the 10 run rule. ;) The girls played well for 4 innings and even had a 4-2 lead. Then we were plagued by errors and a few bad luck bounces. If they can continue to have good innings and keep improving, the season may not be a total wash. Last year they won 1 conference game.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I just ordered a hat the other day.
You should have ordered it a couple of weeks ago on @CloneLawman's banana day.
b2a145833b87c26cb493d8c13d57da52.jpg

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
No. I enjoy your jousts with Tuco. I feel like I can actually see your frustration with his arrogant and delusional posts. These pretty well describe what I envision.
Mono.jpg

e3dec7ed0ce30528e76664b0737c9af8.jpg
Pretty much. But he, like a few others, devolved to just pushing buttons instead of any dialog. I've decided I don't want to do that. I'll push a button every now & again, and I don't mind if it happens to me on occasion (all y'all push a LOT of my buttons!), but if I can't have a conversation with someone (even in disagreement) and think that they are honestly putting forward their opinions/thoughts, why bother? I'm interested in what people think, not what they think will piss me off. :)

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Pretty much. But he, like a few others, devolved to just pushing buttons instead of any dialog. I've decided I don't want to do that. I'll push a button every now & again, and I don't mind if it happens to me on occasion (all y'all push a LOT of my buttons!), but if I can't have a conversation with someone (even in disagreement) and think that they are honestly putting forward their opinions/thoughts, why bother? I'm interested in what people think, not what they think will piss me off. :)
It was a post from Sunday that I was reading and while I agreed with his statements that when you go after top recruits you are going to miss on more than you get and you can look like you have the inside track and then teenager happens.

All pretty much what I agree with. But he said it in a very Tuco way. Like welcome to the big boy world, Iowa State. I know I am jaded when it comes to that asshat, but he continually reinforces why he was one of my (less than) handful of ignores and why my ignore should still be blocking his posts. But I am stubborn and I think I shouldn't have to ignore the same person twice.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
My son linked this to me this morning because he knew it would make me laugh. The RTT ladies may recognize a few of the situations.

http://www.distractify.com/trending/2017/05/18/ZXAetQ/mansplaining-tweets-ugh

In my defense, I don't do this any more to women than to men. I do it too much equally to both sexes.
This is not me. I totally respect the knowledge of women on all subject matter. Especially when it comes to things like cars and sports and why the printer's not working correctly.

• Informative
Reactions: ImJustKCClone
Status
Not open for further replies.