Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I just don't get how Tuco can be like that. He says something that I totally agree with but says it in such a condescending, asshat sort of way that makes me dislike him just as much as if I didn't agree with him. And the post wasn't even directed at me.

I know, I know, I should just ignore him. But you know, I still have twocoach on ignore, I shouldn't have to do it again.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
How's the mood in that part of the world after last night's events?

we're about four hours north yet, still in Scotland. Will be in England by end of day tomorrow though and I'd expect to hear more. We had no idea until this morning when I saw an email from my mom asking me to let her know where we were/we were ok and saw the State Dept. email (thanks @BoxsterCy for the tip to sign up for that!) It was on the news radio during breakfast but we spent most of the day hiking. The bits I've read sound horrible.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I just don't get how Tuco can be like that. He says something that I totally agree with but says it in such a condescending, asshat sort of way that makes me dislike him just as much as if I didn't agree with him. And the post wasn't even directed at me.

I know, I know, I should just ignore him. But you know, I still have twocoach on ignore, I shouldn't have to do it again.
What happened this time?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I'm sick and tired of these ****** idiots that don't know the rules of the road. Going to the first job today, we come up to a stoplight that is just flashing red. That means all-way stop. Same if the stoplights aren't working at all. The guy coming from my right stops before I do. He sits there for a little bit, obviously doesn't know what to do. I'm waiting for him to go when I say **** it and start to go. This jackass floors it so I have to stop again. Across from was a semi that had been sitting there for at least 30 seconds, again obviously didn't know what to do.

Then, on our way back from a job, I come up to an intersection where I need to turn right. I don't need to stop, cross traffic does. I'm about to turn when I see this ****** dumbass on a bicycle blow right through the stop sign. I had to slam on the brakes. I was driving the log trailer, but it was empty otherwise I wouldn't have been able to stop in time. What gets me is that this ****** was looking at me the whole time expecting me to stop for him. If I would have hit him or he ran into me, he would have lost either way.

I like to bike, but those type of people deserve it if they get hit. Ride with traffic, stay on the right unless your turning left, obey the signs it's not that hard. I'll roll a stop now and then but I'm always slowed up enough I can come to a complete stop, if there is someone there.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Tuco thread MBB or Cave?

Birdy I had a reply post but with my poor internet deleted both posts of the one that got doubled up so summary

Paragraph 1 smooth humble brag NTTAWWT;).

Whichever section has better heating in case you get the Nov. tickets.

Take some losses when they're young let them gel and enjoy them when they're seniors. If you were on the front end of that 10 run rule Congrats on already gelling.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
I still love the story my mom told me of seeing a cyclist get pulled over by the cops when he blew the 4-way stop on one of the main intersections in my hometown.

My most recent 'Where's a cop when you need one..." was a couple of years ago. Husband and I left the eating establishment across from the town Sonic, and noticed a police car in their drive thru. ("Hey, cops like their shakes, too." I believe was my quote) I'm driving, and I'm trying to turn left from a drive with a fairly steep decline, onto a road with a semi-blind corner to my left. I inch out when this guy comes screaming around the corner. Luckily, he had the ability and room to change lanes, or else he would have clipped us. Well, guess who was just leaving Sonic, too? The schädenfreude was too strong NOT to follow the police officer and watch the driving douchenozzle get pulled over on the opposite side of the river from where we live.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
MrsWx and I may have a picture with him from when we were in high school...

Edit: Surprisingly found it on FB. 2007
Little stalker me just went & found it. :p

We're not altogether sure, but we THINK he did the tour in 2007, but it might have been 2008. He was only on the squad for one year, and we think he toured the summer before his two semesters on the squad.

Reactions: wxman1

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
My cousin-in-law and a younger friend of mine tend to share a lot of posts & videos from Humane Society/ARL/Shelter Angels sources. Some make me want to cry, some just make my blood boil. Some @!*%_*@Y#& put a lit firecracker in a dog's mouth...because it was a pitbull.

Sometimes people suck.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I never think of to lay on the horn at these people. I should have flipped the guy off too, but that would be unprofessional.

On the way home a car with Hawks license plate was trying to move over into the left lane only I was right next to them in the left. Had to go onto the shoulder to avoid them. The horn in my car doesn't work so that's not a option for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.