Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
4-wheelin' in Texas.

rk78xow2ocmtal3a08ol.gif

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
So I'm listening to "Pet Sounds" by the Beach Boys. I've never actually listened to it before, and it's always ranked number one or two with Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, so I figured I'd give it a listen, because I like the Beach Boys anyway.

I don't get it. Like, it's not bad, but I can't figure out why it's so highly ranked. At all. That said, even as a self-proclaimed huge Beatles fan, I would even rank Sgt. Pepper in my top three Beatles albums either. But I at least understand why that's considered up there. This one I don't get at all.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
So I'm listening to "Pet Sounds" by the Beach Boys. I've never actually listened to it before, and it's always ranked number one or two with Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, so I figured I'd give it a listen, because I like the Beach Boys anyway.

I don't get it. Like, it's not bad, but I can't figure out why it's so highly ranked. At all. That said, even as a self-proclaimed huge Beatles fan, I would even rank Sgt. Pepper in my top three Beatles albums either. But I at least understand why that's considered up there. This one I don't get at all.
It probably helped that Paul McCartney said something to the effect of "God Only Knows" was the best song ever written.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

From my era and I never got it either. Although a song from same year, Good Vibrations, always gives me a flashback to watching this gal I had a crush on roller skating. We were at the local rink and this was playing and she skated like a dancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.