Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
^ This. ;)

Did drop down to a 22oz but this was the age of Thor hammers with wood handles. Only pussies swung a 16oz for rough work. (Ha, it was also the age of elbow tendentious. :oops:)

22oz was always my hammer of choice with a smooth head for the versatility of being able to use it framing and trimming. I give my old man a hard time because 16oz is all he has ever used, but he retorts with "it takes a stronger man to use a 16oz, because you have to swing it harder"

Also, so that's why you like taller women...

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
22oz was always my hammer of choice with a smooth head for the versatility of being able to use it framing and trimming. I give my old man a hard time because 16oz is all he has ever used, but he retorts with "it takes a stronger man to use a 16oz, because you have to swing it harder"

Also, so that's why you like taller women...
Stop bothering the sick guy. ;)
By the way, I put a staple in a finger many years ago. Was leaning on the desk of my second grade teacher while waiting in line to talk to her. Actually leaned too hard on the stapler there while my middle finger was in the "staple" zone. Forgot what I wanted to talk to her about. Just remember her taking the staple out of my finger.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Stop bothering the sick guy. ;)
By the way, I put a staple in a finger many years ago. Was leaning on the desk of my second grade teacher while waiting in line to talk to her. Actually leaned too hard on the stapler there while my middle finger was in the "staple" zone. Forgot what I wanted to talk to her about. Just remember her taking the staple out of my finger.

Oops, forgot he was sick.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Just came here to brag...I made the 730 mile drive from my parents house near Osky to my house in Denver in 9 hours 56 minutes (8:56 with the time change) without going more than 10 over the speed limit. And here’s the kicker...no trucker bombs, just dehydration, focus, and sheer willpower. Pretty darn proud of myself. Special thanks to the Iowa, Nebraska, and Colorado DOTs for keeping construction to a minimum.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So it’s dumb things that have happened to our fingers? In HS, a classmate had me hold these metal pieces for him to weld with a wire welder. Dude arcs it and then finds the small hole in the welding glove with the wire. That wire can cut into your finger like a knife through butter. At least it fried the part it burnt shut so I didn’t need a doctor.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Was cruising through @GTO's horror movie thread. I started watching horror with the old Universal standards, Dracula, Frankenstein, et al. Have loved horror movies ever since. Reading through that thread there were some comments about Lovecraft, and it occurred to me that i

And the weirdest thing about THAT is that when I typed it in, it didn't underline in red!
Was cruising through @GTO's horror movie thread. I started watching horror with the old Universal standards, Dracula, Frankenstein, et al. Have loved horror movies ever since. Reading through that thread there were some comments about Lovecraft, and it occurred to me that if were ever to change my handle on here, it would be Cthulhu.

And the weirdest thing about THAT is that when I typed it in, it didn't underline in red!

I first heard about Cthulhu from my favorite fun reading author. Then again when Z barrowed the kids movie: Howard and the Undersea Kingdom.
I only caught the guys name during the third watching.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Apparently ESPN thought people were concerned about this historic run in women’s darts ending. It’s like being concerned about a new Tetris champion.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Finger stories - back when we were broke college students, the ex & I lived in a 10x50 trailer. We had heat tape wrapped around the pipes under the trailer. A local cat decided that the tape made a nice cozy nest and stripped it off of half of the pipes. Our pipes froze...well, duh! So, ex is going to use some sort of arc thingamajjy to thaw the pipe (here's where my memory gets hazy), and told me to hold the pipe. Without thinking, I reached out my gloveless hands to the pipe. Fortunately only connected with the little finger on each hand before realizing it was frozen metal...
To this day I have no nerve endings in the tips of my little fingers. :D

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Do I want to know how this whole finger conversation got started? I mean I am all for foreplay but this is a little public.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Should I feel bad. I got a text this morning from my wife to take my youngest over and set the MILs TV for the ISU game. My 12 yo is ticked and doesn’t know why she can’t find ABC on her TV.

Here is the part that I wonder if I should feel bad about, the wife then said that her (tavernhawk mom from a tavernhawk family) missed the whole Iowa game because she couldn’t find it. That made me laugh to myself. Should I feel bad for that.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Should I feel bad. I got a text this morning from my wife to take my youngest over and set the MILs TV for the ISU game. My 12 yo is ticked and doesn’t know why she can’t find ABC on her TV.

Here is the part that I wonder if I should feel bad about, the wife then said that her (tavernhawk mom from a tavernhawk family) missed the whole Iowa game because she couldn’t find it. That made me laugh to myself. Should I feel bad for that.

No.
I am curious though does the MIL not have cable/satellite whatever? I'm actually pretty happy that the Clones are in regular TV for a change. That doesn't happen very often.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
No.
I am curious though does the MIL not have cable/satellite whatever? I'm actually pretty happy that the Clones are in regular TV for a change. That doesn't happen very often.

She has cable or direct tv. She just has a tavernhawk son who does dumb things to save her money or impress her and then doesn’t show her how to run the stuff. During hawk games he is usually drunk an hour before so he is not a choice for her call.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011

Hawkeye fans aren't human, we don't feel bad for them.

Reactions: BCClone

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Apparently ESPN thought people were concerned about this historic run in women’s darts ending. It’s like being concerned about a new Tetris champion.
I saw they kept running that on the ticker last night and was all wtf?

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I decided to quit torturing myself and hung a TV on the kitchen wall. Now I need to think of something else to do to avoid watching that disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron