Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
We go to a friend's house for a large party every Christmas eve. Our Christmas day will not be business as usual with Lew & I wandering around in sweats & slippers, watching movies as we don't usually do gifts. This year, the daughter that just moved back to DSM called; they want to come up & re-create a Christmas day we spent with them about 15 year ago...tacos and margaritas. That has been my favorite Christmas day since Lew & I got married (earlier, our kids spent eve with us, then were dropped at other parents' for night/morning). So that will be fun. :D

It's a good thing we didn't pull the trigger on the bowl game, because USMC son called yesterday and told us he & his 4 girls (wife has to stay home & work) will be arriving on the 27th & staying through at least the 1st. This was AFTER we found out that other daughter plans to come for NYE and spend the night, bringing her new BF and his three kids. And THAT was AFTER we found out that her ex (with whom we have maintained contact due to custody of our granddaughters, and who has stayed over several times before) is ALSO planning to bring the girls for NYE, and spend the night, and was considering bringing his new GF.

Still up in the air is whether the two sons we are meeting in KC next weekend are coming for NYE (and spending the night). One usually brings his boy & girl, the other comes every two or three years. Not sure if they will make a point to come this time because it will be the first time in five years that the four sets of cousins (daughter's 2 girls, USMC son's 4 girls, my older bio son's 4 girls, and my younger bio son's boy & girl) have been together. Last time we had 5 of our six kids and 14 of our grandkids together was at Lew's 60th b-day.

It would be a houseful for sure. We will probably have to set someone up in a hotel, and it will be tricky deciding who. And hopefully there will be enough people to put distance between the exes. Lew has already said that anyone who creates drama will be invited to leave. Bold words, tough to actually enforce.

I may or may not survive NYE this year.
Sounds like maybe Lew and you should get the hotel room, and just set up a camera recorder in an inconspicuous spot in the house, and let the drama unfold.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Last Saturday about 11pm, there was a loud banging at the door. Scared the **** out of us. No one there and after about 10 seconds I opened the door and stepped out, risking the murderer lurking. Kept watching. Eventually saw flashlights cross the street a block or so up and toward a house I've often seen a group of preteen/teen boys playing basketball. The light in the garage was on where I think they hang out. I thought about posting in our neighborhood group but let it go. It scared the hell out of us though, especially after this summer with some of the break-ins and burglaries in the area.

Happened again tonight and I was lit. Ran to the door, ripped it open and yelled Knock it off you little *****! Down the yard like a totally mature and sane person. Heard them yelling to each other to run. DH is ready to sit back down and I'm throwing on my coat because I see the light in that garage is on again and I'm pretty sure I know where they live. I go for a drive. Drive past the house and see a light is on but not sure if a parent is home or not. Make a circle and come back and park with car off. Wait. About a minute later I see a couple heads bobbing as they try to cross the road back to the house. I let them get mid street before I flip my lights on and send them running again. I was laughing so hard.

Decide to see if anyone was home and mom was. She was super nice and probably mortified and those boys are super dead. I was also very nice because she didn't do it, I've got a dumbass brother and it was mostly harmless. Got back to our house and watched and saw them cross the street (Christmas lights make things easier this time of year). Pretty quickly the garage light was off so I'm betting the fun was over :p

DH says our house is getting egged for sure now. And now I'm thinking I should have let them get back into the house and THEN go talk to mom. Oh well, I had no way to know anyone was home. I bet they think I'm ******* nuts tracking them through the neighborhood. I mean, probably but maybe they'll think twice next time.
Words gonna spread. Watch out for old lady CG!

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Those are first come first served.

Ran and DND so rethinking everything. Kinda leaning towards spending it all on hookers and blow since I still haven't heard back from anyone.
Gif0_two_chicks.gif

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
My parents didn't realize i could read until I was like 6.5 because I never knew it was noteworthy. They just assumed i was looking at pictures.
My daughter had a bunch of Little Mermaid VCR tapes. She had just turned four and wanted a particular one that I couldn't find. She grabbed one and said here it is. I asked her how she knew and she pointed to the title on the side. She couldn't read yet, but could tell by the pattern of the words.

Reactions: cyrevkah

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Sounds like maybe Lew and you should get the hotel room, and just set up a camera recorder in an inconspicuous spot in the house, and let the drama unfold.
We've been talking about moving the RV over and plugging it in. The bathroom would not be functional, but it would be a private space!!!

Reactions: VeloClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
My daughter had a bunch of Little Mermaid VCR tapes. She had just turned four and wanted a particular one that I couldn't find. She grabbed one and said here it is. I asked her how she knew and she pointed to the title on the side. She couldn't read yet, but could tell by the pattern of the words.

It's how I learned Predator.

83558197.jpg

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Was dead tired this morning and didn’t understand. Finally realized that my coffee was awful and figured I forgot to replace the pod in the keurig. I hit two medium cups out of one so my coffee was basically colored warm water and was about like drinking decaf.

Was up late last night since the son got home in the afternoon. He is more serious in college than I am. He already has a better grade point than I did (although I had some crappier classes, but I’m proud enough of him that I don’t mention that to him). When he set up classes for this semester, I suggested a couple for him. One his advisor suggested and one she told him to change. He now wishes he took my advice when he found out that half his major is in the class I suggested and it would have saved him a class down the road. Us old people still haven’t forgotten everything.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Well, apparently someone is really interested in my moms house. But another dooshy neighbor is not what I want. Will need to figure out how much a fence is and build it into the price so I don’t have to deal with them if they want it.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

I know, I know. Would be less work. Would be nice if she had a detached garage then that would solve our garage problem also.

Second sticky point is the realtor repping this buyer (we are kinda doing the old pocket listing thing so it’s not officially listed) is who my wife walks with every day so I probably need to pay topside of the commission range. Good thing is I know how she works and can befuddle her enough that she gets the other side to believe they have 0 leverage in the whole deal. Bought the house at what we offered (it was almost an insult level) by doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron