Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I'm sure he'll just try to back it back and forth to try and shake it loose and run. Unless the police can get a plate number off that video. Or maybe someone called the police as this is obviously a case of destruction of public property
Or it falls on the roof.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Got freaking cold fingers and half frozen face walking the 3/4 mile over to check out my local resident Great Horned Owls. Underestimated the windchill. Spied one up in a big white pine. Had to take a proof I saw him picture. Fiddley ******* around with camera settings, not great in that chill. Walking back into the wind was also not great.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Got freaking cold fingers and half frozen face walking the 3/4 mile over to check out my local resident Great Horned Owls. Underestimated the windchill. Spied one up in a big white pine. Had to take a proof I saw him picture. Fiddley ******* around with camera settings, not great in that chill. Walking back into the wind was also not great.
NDY?

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Wearing leggings under the jeans to work today. Not 30 seconds in the car, and my butt is already cold. Not leather seats either.

And good grief. Guy ran out in tshirt and shorts just to start his car. #Shrinkage

• Haha
Reactions: SCyclone

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Got a couple of bids on getting my ash trees cut down and removed. First guy gave me a bid that I thought was great. 2nd guy, that I used once before, gave a a slightly higher bid. Then he told me he would match the first bid and come out and do the work tomorrow. The other guy said he wouldn't be able to book it until sometime in March so I told the 2nd guy to go for it.

Kinda the same scenario on bids I got to put in a new driveway. Got a couple of bids and the third guys comes in and measures everything and says I’ll get back to you in a couple days. Week goes by and I text him about the quote. His response, “where do I need to be at?” Holy crap!! I basically low balled it and he said, “great! We can be here next week!” I was floored. The other guys were a month out. Been really pleased with the way it turned out! I still can’t believe he accepted my offer. It was $3,000 less than the other bids.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Kinda the same scenario on bids I got to put in a new driveway. Got a couple of bids and the third guys comes in and measures everything and says I’ll get back to you in a couple days. Week goes by and I text him about the quote. His response, “where do I need to be at?” Holy crap!! I basically low balled it and he said, “great! We can be here next week!” I was floored. The other guys were a month out. Been really pleased with the way it turned out! I still can’t believe he accepted my offer. It was $3,000 less than the other bids.
Did you have the same pressure factors, rebar spacings, whether fibermesh was included all similar? Sometimes, some will cut costs with that. I had one guy bid me and then show up and hand me another bill because he used a pump truck also. Said everyone does it, which is correct if you are doing very large set ups or inside a building type thing, but did not include that.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
So I have begun the lung transplant process. It is quite lengthy and involved. I am also going to have a lung biopsy, as there is a nodule that is growing slowly. But I’m approaching this as a positive - a transplant gives me a better chance at a longer life.
Good luck. My mom is having a birthday party this weekend and I think that some of your friends will be there. Anyways, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Reactions: SCyclone

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Mom told me that when she was being wheeled in, the nurse asked if I was still in high school.............................. ...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Also, what is it with people thinking a 55 minute drive is a long ways away? Another nurse and the cop that showed up both thought that being an hour or so away is a long distance. I guess when you live in a big city, you don't need to go far for anything.

And also, apparently wearing any kind of Badgers apparel outside of attending a game means you're some kind of super fan. A couple of the nurses made comments about my hoodie like they've never seen one before. Could've just been because I was in Marquette territory.
Nobody asks me if I'm in high school anymore. Although my wife does tell me to quit acting like an adolescent every once in a while. OK. maybe it's more than every once in a while.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron